We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fee question

kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
57 reviews
fee question

I have visited Jekyll Island several times but we generally only stay two days--we just get a day entrance--park at the hotel and then leave. after a two night stay. We figure since we arrive later one evening and leave pretty early the third morning we only have one day on island so its not worth a multi day pass.

This year I am attending a conference where I'm just going to park at my hotel walk to the conference. I'll arrive late Saturday and leave early Wednesday. What pass do I buy?

It has been a couple of years but I know the entrance gate is automatic so I don't know what to do.

13 replies to this topic
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,110 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: fee question

https:/…

$6 for 1 day

$28 for a week

kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: fee question

Yep--I knew that

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,110 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: fee question

Then what is your question?

If you arrive late on Saturday, your first day is good through late Sunday = $6

The next $6 is good through late Monday.

The next $6 is good through late Tuesday.

The next $6 is good through Wednesday.

$24 for your parking.

kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: fee question

So do I have to get in the car and drive off the island and back again each day?

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
239 reviews
5. Re: fee question

"The Parking Fee is charged per vehicle per day"

If that or the web site Onemoreroad linked above aren't clear, I would call the hotel you are staying at and ask them, or contact the Jekyll Island visitors center.

Ohio
Level Contributor
463 posts
202 reviews
6. Re: fee question

We have been going to Jekyll for many years and just got back from a visit. If you are just going to park your car during your coming visit from a Saturday to Wednesday and not going to leave the island until you leave, all you need is parking for one day. Hope this helps.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,110 posts
95 reviews
7. Re: fee question

I've been going for decades and I've always paid for the pass for the days I would be there.

Maybe they don't enforce it. I don't know if they check and fine. But it would never occur to me NOT to pay for the correct number of days.

kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: fee question

Thanks for the input. In my heart I am with onemoreroad--it important to preserve special places. I'll just wait to see how the gate works. Its been awhile but I seem to remember a daily option and a weekly option. I was just wondering if you could buy 3 days (3 daily fees) instead of a week at one time.

onemoreroad---is that how you pay for your days that are less than a week when you don't leave your hotel?

Its not a big deal. I'm having a friend join me who has never been to Jekyll and I just wanted to tell her how it works.

Thanks again everyone. (and I'm so sorry to hear about the damage to Driftwood Beach, one of my favorite places to bike over to and walk.)

Ohio
Level Contributor
463 posts
202 reviews
9. Re: fee question

Mountainmare....I see where you are coming from. However, I was just reiterating what the staff at the visitor center told my husband and I before we renewed our yearly pass this past week. The staff originally thought we might only be there a few days and suggested this to us.

kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
57 reviews
10. Re: fee question

Thanks-actually when we stay one full day--arriving later on day one and leaving on the morning of day three we get a one day ticket because that is what the person at the gate said to do (when there was a person at the gate)

Reply to: fee question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jekyll Island
Recent Conversations