We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting fishing gear

Renting fishing gear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 November 2018, 00:17

5 replies to this topic
Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Renting fishing gear

I hope someone who's very local will chime in but there is a shack at the end of the Pavilion Pier where they do rent some equipment. Sorry, I can't remember their name but maybe try googling Tybee fish equip rentals and it might come up

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,812 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: Renting fishing gear

I googled "tybee island fishing equipment rental"

I found this -

Tybee Beach Pier and Pavilion

(3,399) · Fishing Charter

16th St

(912) 652-6780

Open ⋅ Closes 11PM

"The pier has fishing pole rentals at $30 a day or by the hour and ..."

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Renting fishing gear

do a facebook search for "riptide Bait and Tackle, Tybee."

This is the face book page for the couple who operates the tackle shack at the end of the pier. They update the Page several times a day with info and is quick to answer questions. They rent gear, etc.

The last few weeks they have been catching several 40" plus or Minus Redfish daily from the pier.

Check them out, they are good people

1 post
4. Re: Renting fishing gear

John, Joe here. I live near 21 and I-95 and I haven't been salt water fishing for a couple of years now. i don't have a boat but like bank or surf fishing. Can you recommend a spot or two where I could catch some reds, trout whiting?

Thanks John. I was looking on this site under Cherokee Tribal Fishing and found your article from 2010. Great article.

Again thanks

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Renting fishing gear

The pier at Tybee can be good. use live bait or fresh bait. try the bridge to Fort Pulsaki. I have not fished much the last couple of years due to moving, selling house and building a new shop.

Reply to: Renting fishing gear
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island