We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tybee's beaches are clean!

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Tybee's beaches are clean!

Anyone worried about the water at Tybee, look at this:

www.nrdc.org/water/oceans/ttw/default.asp

You can zoom in to Tybee and see the data. We got four out of 5 stars at the strand and at the north end.

It may be a little brown but our water is clean and if there is a problem, we know about it immediately.

Atlanta, Georgia
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tybee's beaches are clean!

The beaches may be clean but the sand is dark brown, gritty and there's very little wave action. The Florida gulf coast beaches are far superior!! I live in Atlanta and though I love Savannah, I'll take the white sandy beaches and turquoise water of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida over Tybee Island any day of the week. And I don't find the hotel accomodations and restaurants any more expensive on the Gulf Coast than Tybee. The only added cost is the additional 1 hour in travel and gasoline to get to the Gulf Coast Beaches. But it's well worth it!!

2. Re: Tybee's beaches are clean!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island