We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sping break in Lewiston and highway12

Ellensburg...
1 post
sping break in Lewiston and highway12

What are some fun things to do in or near Lewiston now, the spring break? And highway 12 from Missoula to Lewiston is OK for us to drive?

2 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,497 posts
86 reviews
1. Re: sping break in Lewiston and highway12

I would not suggest Lewiston as party central ! Good for a overnight stop with all the dependable chain lodgings Given good weather the drive into Montana i Up the Clearwater River & over Lolo Pass is drop dead scenic...Stop & reward yourself with a soak at Lolo Hot Springs...carracar

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
24,876 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: sping break in Lewiston and highway12

There is a young group in Lewiston and quite a few bars on Main Steet and nearby. I am an old geezer, so can't give you much more than that!

What day are you traveling? Here is a link to the Idaho Dept of Transportation cameras and road conditions. There is still snow up on Lolo Pass, but the road looks clear of snow at this moment. You would need to be cautious as there might be some ice on the road especially in shady spots or in corners. The road is beautiful, speed limit is slow...50 mph once you get past Kooskia. It is slow for a reason, so give yourselves time and dont get in a rush. (Wow, that is a real *Mom* statement isnt it?? lol) Stop at the Visitor Center at the top, nice bathrooms and a good place to stretch. On cold days they sometimes have a fire going.

Also check weather.com, click on weather alerts, click on Idaho to see if there are any winter weather warnings for that area. At present there are not, although there are some a bit further south of there.

Be careful of Highway 12 east of Lewiston as well. If you are early in the morning, be very careful of shady corners and icy patches. You don't want to wind up in the river.

Have fun on your break!!

Pam

Reply to: sping break in Lewiston and highway12
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lewiston