We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economy parking availability at Midway

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Economy parking availability at Midway

My family and I will be flying out of Midway (for the first time) on Friday, March 30. I see that there are several options for parking, including an economy lot and garage right at the airport. (I know there are other off-site lots as well.) My question is about availability - does economy parking at Midway ever fill to capacity? I imagine spring break is a busy time for the airport and I'm wondering what to expect. I recently heard a horror story of someone flying out of O'Hare and having to leave their car in short term parking for the week. I haven't come across any similar accounts of parking issues at Midway but I thought I would ask the TA world about the potential of being shut out. Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,587 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economy parking availability at Midway

Doubtful as it’s not a big airport.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Economy parking availability at Midway

Fly from there often and have never seen it "full". A few times when they were doing major construction/renovation a few years ago space was tight, but not closed down. You won't have a problem.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Economy parking availability at Midway

That’s great to hear - thank you!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Economy parking availability at Midway

I know you aren't interested in offsite, but wanted to let you know my experience. We always fly out of MDW the last full week of March, and always use Park Ride Fly on 47th Street. We usually leave on Sunday, and I can tell you that they are scrambling on where to park cars then. I imagine most people start their spring break trips on Friday or Saturday. We always make reservations in advance - it's very easy to cancel if your plans change.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
248 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Economy parking availability at Midway

Just parked in the Economy garage last week and have done so frequently at this time of year. Never had an issue with availability and love the shuttle to and from the baggage area. $15/day.

Reply to: Economy parking availability at Midway
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted