We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July

I know there will be fireworks at Navy Pier on July 4th. Are there any other special holiday activities on the 4th? We will be staying in Chicago July 2nd through the 5th. Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
16,269 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July

See the Conventions and Events calendars sticky in the Top Questions.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,489 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July

...along with http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en.html

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July

The city of Chicago has basically cancelled the 4th of July. There is nothing special going on in Chicago.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th of July

chicagohistory.org/planavisit/…special-events

The Chicago History Museum every year has a Fourth of July celebration that has a band playing patriotic music, a reading of the Declaration of Independence and a children's parade with a very tall Uncle Sam. Low-key and laid-back. The Museum is at the south edge of Lincoln Park.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th of July

Thanks for the replies!! I will check out the Chicago History Museum. I can't believe that a city as large as Chicago does not do more for the 4th of July. THis is one of the reasons we decided to come during this week, because I thought they would do it big in the big city. I have tried both of the links given and really can't find any other information. I appreciate your time responding!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,588 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th of July

The city is broke and never offered anything on the 4th, the fireworks were always on the 3rd

7. Re: 4th of July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:17