We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me figure where to stay in Skokie near Yellow Line

Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
Help me figure where to stay in Skokie near Yellow Line
Save

Hi,

Traveling to see the Cubs next week. Figured out we can take the red line to the yellow line and stay in Skokie. Not familiar with Skokie, so can anyone give me an idea of a hotel that is somewhat close to Dempster (which I think is where the yellow line ends up). We don't have to walk to the yellow line, as there is parking there, but want to stay somewhat close to it. Want a hotel room less than $140 or so. Thanks

pgo
Chicago
Level Contributor
8,833 posts
15 reviews
39 helpful votes
1. Re: Help me figure where to stay in Skokie near Yellow Line
Save

The Yellow Line (which locals still call the Skokie Swift) terminates near the middle of Skokie, so most hotels can be reached in 10 minutes or less. Closest would be the Comfort Inn or Doubletree on Skokie Boulevard. Newest is the Hampton Inn off of Old Orchard Road on the west side of the expressway. The Holiday Inn at Touhy and Carpenter/Niles Center Road is best for families, as it next door to a large park.

Des Moines, IA
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Help me figure where to stay in Skokie near Yellow Line
Save

Thanks! Just got my reservation at the Comfort Inn in Skokie. Appreciate your help!

3. Re: Help me figure where to stay in Skokie near Yellow Line

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 20:17
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.