We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it good to go to Starved rock state park end of March?

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Is it good to go to Starved rock state park end of March?

Me and My BF were thinking of going to starved rock state park end of March for couple days....is that a good idea or is it not advisable to go there in spring? Please let me know if anyone else has visited there during this time and what the thoughts are.

2 replies to this topic
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,592 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Is it good to go to Starved rock state park end of March?

If the weather is nice it is always a good time. If the spring stays wet the waterfalls should be pretty. It all depends on what you are trying to see.

B.

Chicago
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Is it good to go to Starved rock state park end of March?

On average the weather will be in the mid-lower 50's. I think this would be a great time to go especially if it just rained. I say that because the waterfalls will be flowing and it's awesome to see in person, especially since most people don't realize there are waterfalls in Illinois. I've been here a few times, once when it was cooler spring weather and another when it was very hot. While we have not been to all the canyons, I'd recommend Lasalle Canyon (starvedrockstatepark.org/wp-content/uploads/…)

Reply to: Is it good to go to Starved rock state park end of March?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Utica