We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Near Verizon Music Center in Indianapolis

Orion
Level Contributor
85 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Near Verizon Music Center in Indianapolis

My husband and myself are goint to see jimmy Buffett on August 8th at the Verizon Center. I do not know this area at all. Any suggestions on places to stay. Do they have shuttles to Verizon? How should we travel to get there? I am sure parking is a nightmare? What is the Verizon center like? We have lawn seating.

Any tips from Parrot Heads out there for first time concert goers to this venue?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
411 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Near Verizon Music Center in Indianapolis

The closest hotel is probably going to be Quality Inn and Suites. The address is in Noblesville IN, but it is only a couple miles down the road from Verizon. There is also a Holiday Inn Express a couple miles up on 37, also in Noblesville. Then if you look in Fishers, there are several hotels down the road off of I-69, especially at 96th street (exit 3).

I've not been to a concert there, but live just a few miles away, so I can tell you (especially when Buffett is in town) traffic is pretty crazy. You can check with the hotels about the shuttle, or a cab.

I must say though, it is always fun when the Parrot Heads are in town. Better than this last weekend - Ozzfest. 'Nuff said.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Near Verizon Music Center in Indianapolis

There are hotels along the I-69 corridor at the 82nd St interchange, 96th and 116th street ones as well. There's a Quality Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden in and a Hampton Inn and Suites along I-69 at these interchanges.

I don't know of shuttles going out to Verizon, we always drove our car. For Buffet, if you do decide to drive yourselves...if concert is at 8, be there hours before!! First off, it's a royal stampede when they open the gates to let people in as those with lawn seats rush in in droves! I'd say leave for Verizon about 4 hrs before concert time.....take a cooler with drinks and some food.

As to how to get there...if you stay along the 1-69 corridor, if you leave 4 hours before, you can go right up I-69 to the highway or State Rd 37.

Parking Information:

From I-69: Traffic is directed from the interstate towards Bergen Boulevard.

The left lane of Bergen Boulevard is reserved for guests that may require accessible parking, VIP guests, Premier Parking customers, and the public parking lots are accessible from this lane as well.

The right lane is reserved for public parking.

From SR 37: Take State Road 37 to State Road 238 and head east for approximately five miles. Law enforcement officials will direct traffic into the main venue entrance from which Accessible Parking, Premier Parking, and public parking are all available. Traffic may be diverted off of 238 to expedite entry to the main parking entrance. If local law enforcement officials direct traffic off of State Road 238, please be cooperative.

I prefer going up 37..better yet is to go East on 96th or 116th St from I-69 and turn left and go north on Cumberland Rd, Cumberland goes right to highway 238, take a right going east on 238.

Orion
Level Contributor
85 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Near Verizon Music Center in Indianapolis

Thank you so much for the HELPFUL information. I would never have thought to get there that early. Also, regarding coolers, are there any restrictions that you know of? Should we bring chairs or is that just impossible? How about blankets? Thanks for the great info.

VikHawkMom

Fishers
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Near Verizon Music Center in Indianapolis

Best place to stay in my opinion is the Hampton in in Fishers at 116th Street and I-69. From there you should take 116th Street east to Olio Road. Turn left on Olio Road and go north to where it dead ends (SR 238) go left on 238 and you will be less than a mile from the concert. This route will avoid the worst of the traffic and get you in the quickest. I believe the Cumberland Road route that is mentioned before is closed for the expansion of 146th Street. Take a blanket for the lawn, but you will find people stand in the lawn for most of the concert. Have fun.

5. Re: Hotel Near Verizon Music Center in Indianapolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Fishers