We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging for longer term work stay

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging for longer term work stay

Any recommedations for longer term stays in the area? Maybe a month or two? Furnished, Laundry available, SAFE! Any suggestions on where to look?

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,500 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging for longer term work stay

MANY years ago (actually decades) when I lived in Indy there were a few of these. Seems to me that one is Pickwick Place/Farms(") or something like that, probably on the (at the time) far northside. Not sure if they're still around/active, but they might be. Beyond that . . . .

Presuming there are more than one (which I think will be the case), what area of town are you looking for? Unless the area itself is undesirable, you can probably find something nearby rather then having to drive all around town.

Also, you might want to clarify are you looking for an extended stay/suite type hotel, short-term furnished apartment or ????

hlo

Edited: 26 October 2010, 16:35
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
70 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging for longer term work stay

You could check out VRBO.com - there are only four or five Indy rentals available, but they all appear to be very nice accommodations in safe parts of town. To me, something like that would be much better than cooping up in a hotel room for a few months.

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging for longer term work stay

Thank to the TA network for the advise!

Indiana
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging for longer term work stay

Great suggestions by HLO and Suzieq50! There is also a website that lists several options for extended stay in the Indianapolis area (and other locations in the area). The website is:

…biz-stay.com/home.cfm

Some of these options include Candlewood Suites, Staybridge Suites, Homewood Suites and Residence Inns by Marriott. You can get some ideas from this website and then check out some of the reviews here on TripAdvisor.

Hope you get a chance to check out some of the area while you are here!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging for longer term work stay

I vote for Staybridge Suites because they have fireplace in lobby, a theatre room with comfy lounge chairs, free hot breakfast everyday and free hot dinner three days a week (with beverage of the sudsy or grape variety) during happy hour. All complimentary for hotel guests....and a pool is available :)

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging for longer term work stay

Sorry - don't know what happened. I've revised / added ideas:

Check out Staybridge Suites because they have fireplace in lobby, a theatre room with comfy lounge chairs, free hot breakfast everyday and free hot dinner three days a week (with beverage of the sudsy or grape variety) during happy hour. All complimentary for hotel guests....and a pool is available :) It's also right next to Lucas Oil Stadium for a good time with live music on home Colts weekends.

If you're coming around holiday time - might want to do the Columbia Club (a private club that rents out rooms as hotel rooms at an incredibly reasonable price). The reason I say during holidays is you can get a room with a view of the circle downtown and Circle of Lights - quite beautiful.

The Sheraton Suites.is also downtown on the circle and could provide a great view. If you're coming in the summer - they have a rooftop pool.

Edited: 29 October 2010, 12:48
Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
27 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging for longer term work stay

Thanks very much! I'm going to check that out on Monday!

8. Re: Lodging for longer term work stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2011, 01:33