We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservation

Florida City...
1 post
1 review
Reservation

As a best western member and a employee I don’t understand why or how I could be shoved in to the trash can like garbage in April I made reservations at the Mishawaka inn for 7 rooms double queens for 5 nights member web wasent working called BW was told to call hotel Driect did that reservation made conformation sent now on 6-12-18 call to have e-mail resent was told reservation was canceled a e-mail was sent I didn’t receive and reason for canceling was can’t book 7 rooms under employee rate only 2 and rest would half to be friends and family rate ok so why not call and state it was done wrong make it wright and keep my rooms but no will just send a e-mail what if I would have never called I be showing up to a place with no rooms in the market 12 hrs away from home Then Bw says there nothing they can do each property is on there own what’s the point of being a member or even a employee if were you at can take care of our guest # 1 rule in my hotel industry is to take care of guest to the fullest as if they our family after all they pay the bills I’m so disappointed in this case the best I got was told another hotel 15 miles away 30 min drive had enough rooms to accommodate I could get two employee rooms at $60 a night and 5 friends and family rooms for 89 a night and come to find out that’s not even close I get 1 employee room for and 3 friends and family for 118 avarage over the five nights and two of the rooms our king rooms not the queen queen rooms

1 reply
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,371 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Reservation

You really should make this a review of the hotel for a number of reasons, some include:

1. TA policy is that for anything for which they have a reviewable listing (such as a hotel) any reviews should be attached to the listing and not put on the destination's forum. Essentially "forum reviews" are only allowed for those things in a destination that otherwise can't be reviewed; things like: taxis, specific (non-listed) businesses, tour guides that aren't eligible to be listed, etc..

2. It will probably get more eyeballs. I'm sometimes amazed at the number of TA users who aren't even aware the forums exist. None of these people are likely to see this "review" (unless they happen to stumble upon it via a Google search), but the will if they look at the hotel listing/reviews. (Which I'll add will likely pop up as a link for anyone Googling the hotel, especially if they include "reviews" in the search.)

3. The eyeballs that *do* see it will be more interested in it. When it is attached to the hotel, those that are seeing it are looking/considering staying at the hotel (and it will then presumably be helpful to them), but those looking at the forum may or may not be interested in this hotel at all.

4. More likely to stay around if it's a review. As I pointed out in #1, this really isn't the place for this "review" and I wouldn't be shocked if some TA user flags this thread as inappropriate (since you can review the hotel on its listing) which could leave to the removal of the thread; meaning it will disappear.

hlo

Reply to: Reservation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mishawaka
Recent Conversations