We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memory Trip to Iowa City Before Too Old to Drive

Sarasota, Fl
Level Contributor
250 posts
21 reviews
Memory Trip to Iowa City Before Too Old to Drive

We left Iowa City in 1963 and have not been back after husband obtained Ph.d. We were the first residents of married student housing, Hawkeye Apartments. Anxious to see how the city has changed. Any suggestions on where to stay, and what to not miss seeing on our drive north this summer to see children in Ohio, Virginia and South Carolina..

I worked at Protein Blenders, a feed company, out on Highway 28 (?) and wonder if the company is still there.

Sarasota, Fl
Level Contributor
250 posts
21 reviews
11. Re: Memory Trip to Iowa City Before Too Old to Drive

I must be having a dull day; what is significance of the sign.

USA
Level Contributor
7,134 posts
257 reviews
12. Re: Memory Trip to Iowa City Before Too Old to Drive

Not a dull day, ExBuffaloian, it is a reference to a Star Trek character. There is no reason to visit the sign if you or your husband are not fans of the TV series or movies.

Sarasota, Fl
Level Contributor
250 posts
21 reviews
13. Re: Memory Trip to Iowa City Before Too Old to Drive

Gotcha!!

M A
Iowa
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
14. Re: Memory Trip to Iowa City Before Too Old to Drive

If you need any help during your visit, you're welcome to contact me by message on here. I'd be happy to help out. Enjoy your stay! I think you'll find IC as a very different world than when you were last here. :)

Sarasota, Fl
Level Contributor
250 posts
21 reviews
15. Re: Memory Trip to Iowa City Before Too Old to Drive

"M A, Iowa" Thanks for your kind offer on our upcoming visit. We arrive on Sunday, the 14th and staying at the Sheraton. Many thanks to all who responded to my questions. We are so looking forward to our trip because of all the information provided by you all! The icing on the cake is that one of the Ph.D. candidates with my husband in 1963 (whom we lost track of years ago ) returned to Iowa City some years ago and just retired this June from the University. He will give us a tour of the campus and point out where the graduate department use to be (Old Armory). Go Hawks!! :)

16. Re: Memory Trip to Iowa City Before Too Old to Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 21:15