We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mamouth cave area in November

mpls
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Mamouth cave area in November

We plan a road trip from MN to FL in mid November stopping in the Mammouth Cave area for a few days. What can we expect this time of year regarding weather that might affect our visit. Also current info on other area highlights. Thanks.

Edited: 28 September 2010, 13:44
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Mamouth cave area in November

I will let the locals comment on the weather, as I visited the area in the summertime.

As far as other highlights in the area, many are "cave related." About 3 miles from Mammoth is Diamond Caverns, a show cave with many formations. Mammoth is not known for its formations, but more for the enormous size of its chambers and vast length. Diamond is a neat contrast to Mammoth, IMO and worth a stop.

If you enjoy cars, there's also the Corvette Factory in nearby Bowling Green. Although I have not been there, many seem to enjoy it.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
762 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Mamouth cave area in November

You can check underground.com for historical weather data for that time of year for prior years. I've found this info very helpful when planning trips.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
762 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Mamouth cave area in November

Sorry: darn auto-correct. Wunderground.com is the correct site.

Indiana
Level Contributor
36 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Mamouth cave area in November

The KY weather is cold that time of year....but it's nothing like MN cold. It's certainly pants and sweater season, sometimes it's colder, so bring a jacket too. The weather can sometimes be unpredictable though, so maybe you'll get lucky and get a day in the 50's and 60's. We generally don't get a huge deal of snow in November.

Cave City is a nearby town. They have quite a few hotels and restaurants for a small town. They also have Guntown Mountain. Kentucky Down Under isn't too far away either, they have a cave, petting zoo, reptiles, gift shop, etc.

It's been years since I've been down there, so things could have certainly changed, but I remember those places as being fairly entertaining.

Burkesville...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Mamouth cave area in November

You will pass www.hiddencaveranch.com on your way from Mammoth Cave to Florida.

mpls
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Mamouth cave area in November

Thanks a lot!

mpls
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Mamouth cave area in November

Thanks a lot! I'll try it!

8. Re: Mamouth cave area in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Cave City
Recent Conversations