We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rupp Arena concert - seats?

Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rupp Arena concert - seats?

Hi I want to take my daughter to a concert at Rupp Arena for her 15th birthday, her first concert. I've read reviews on this site but wanted to ask for current opinions about Rupp Arena. Though I don't need the best seats in the house, I don't want us to have any trouble seeing and enjoying. Can anyone tell me if there are bad seats in this house? Would the seats in the highest sections be nosebleed?

Thanks!

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

You definitely don't want upper arena. A lot, though, depends on how many tickets are sold. I took my kids to a Springsteen concert several years ago....had bad upper arena tickets. We moved downstairs to lower level seats on the side of the stage. The sections on the sides of the stage were not sold. Felt like we were on stage we were so close.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

Yep...don't buy upper arena. I would try to get tickets on the sides (lower arena) one or two sections from the stage. I have sat on the floor several times and it was hard to see...depending on how far back you are. Although, I did see Tim McGraw there and sat on the floor row K and they were amazing seats! If you can't get floor seats up close I would try to get side sections and sit mid way up.

Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

thank you eyewall and wildcats! i'm glad i asked!

Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

i forgot to ask...

i can get the lower section, but all the way in the back (just a few rows from where the upper setion starts on the map (or is the upper setion atop the lower?)) for $87ea. would these still be pretty much too far away?

thank you!

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

Really depends on the concert. If it is a big name, the stage will be all the way at the opposite end. Pretty far away. Rupp does an "intimate" seating arrangement for smaller acts, where they move the stage up to half court. If that is the case, those seats would be good. Probably have to check the Rupp web site if you're not sure.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

I think those seats would be good...if they are no more than a couple of sections from the stage.

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
358 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

Our basketball tickets are in section 19. they're great seats for bball and probably still better than upper arena for a concert.

Edited: 24 January 2012, 12:48
Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

thanks guys. so the consensus is it's a waste of $ to get seats in upper areana, yes?

we're trying to get tickets for the brad paisley/the band parry/scottymccreery concert on march 3rd and can only find lower arena seats on 3rd party ticket sellers' sites for 3 or 4 times the price, so $155/ticket - crazy!. even at that amount, i'm not sure which of those sellers are legit enough that the tix would work when we got there. so it looks like upper arena or nothing for us, i fear.

lexington
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

I've bought and sold tickets on Stub Hub numerous times and have never had any trouble. Yes, you pay more, but the service is legitimate. I would still suggest buying cheapest possible seats and moving down to the side/rear of the stage, lower level, once you get there. Those seats are usually not put on sale and will be up for grabs come show time.

Indiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rupp Arena concert - seats?

thanks eyewall - i've never done that before - is that generally frowned upon or do peeps not pay attention as long as you're not in their own seats? how long after the concert starts would you recommend moving?

sorry for all the quesitons - it's been decades since i've been to a concert.

thank you!

Get answers to your questions about Lexington