We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Hill kayaking & adventure

Ann Arbor, MI
2 posts
Save Topic
Blue Hill kayaking & adventure

Hi! I'll be bringing my high school boyfriend on a surprise 50th birthday trip to Blue Hill May 29th - June 2nd. The last time we were in Maine together was in 1984. Now, we are beginning kayakers and I'd love some advice on the kayak guides/companies, possibly seeing the "reversing falls," and other adventure possibilities.

If anyone has a favorite restaurant, I'd love to hear about it too.

Thank you very much! Can't wait to be there!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Hill kayaking & adventure

Sorry, I don't know the names of any kayaking outfits in Blue Hill but I know they exist. There is at least one that leaves from Naskeag Point in Brooklin.

Time your stop at reversing falls for when the tide is going out. Try hiking up Blue Hill, the view from the top is great. Take the mail boat from Stonington to Isle au Haut for some hiking there. (I think I have put that is all of my posts.)

There are several places to eat in Blue Hill for which someone else may have suggestions. I like the Brooklin Inn and The Lookout at Flye Point. The Brooklin Inn has a pub as well.

I travel with 3 kids who are just now getting into adventure stage so I'm not much help. The kayaking in there area is fabulous, I do know that.

Ann Arbor, MI
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Hill kayaking & adventure

Thanks for your help and reminder to look at the tide tables!

3. Re: Blue Hill kayaking & adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 08:21
Get answers to your questions about Blue Hill