We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Suggestion for Elderly Couple

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Trip Suggestion for Elderly Couple

My parents are planning on driving to Boothbay Harbor for a day trip. They are fairly active individuals but prefer to walk for flat, paved surfaces (i.e. no mountain hiking) and love ocean videos. Can someone suggests some must-do/must-see places in the area?

Thanks in advance, Ming

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,215 posts
158 reviews
1. Re: Trip Suggestion for Elderly Couple

Botanical Gardens and Ocean Point.... both great destinations.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Trip Suggestion for Elderly Couple

Thank you very much for the suggestions, MainerOnTheGo. Much appreciated.

N.B.: Excuse the grammatical errors/misspellings in my earlier post. -_-

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Trip Suggestion for Elderly Couple

If they're fond of ocean videos, perhaps a large-boat cruise (the company I know and can recommend is Cap'n Fish's, though they're not the only option). There are options like Kennebeck River, lighthouse tour, or sunset cruise. The guides are very educational, and all have the necessary Maine accents that make it so worthwhile!

And yes, they probably will want to visit Ocean Point. Sunset is the best there.

Moosup, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
148 reviews
4. Re: Trip Suggestion for Elderly Couple

Cabbage Island Clambake/cruise combines the harbour tourand a great lobster meal. Leaves from the public pier in BH as does many of the tour boats-puffin,whale, seal and Kennecec River cruises. Public parking @$20.for direct access to the pier: and well worth it to minimize walking the hilly streets of Booothbay Harbour. Great resturants @ waterside as well.

5. Re: Trip Suggestion for Elderly Couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 15:17