We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay near shops?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
224 posts
16 reviews
where to stay near shops?

My husband and I are planning on visiting Boothbay Harbor for a few days in September. Because we've never been there, we have no frame of reference. I am looking for suggestions on places to stay that would allow us to walk to restaurants and shops and not always have to get into our car to get around. Thanks!!!!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,207 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: where to stay near shops?

Townsend Avenue is the site for several inns and is definitely walkable. Across the footbridge is Atlantic Avenue. If you Google Map Boothbay Harbor, you'll get a nice sense of the layout. We always camp when we're there, so I can't speak to specific lodgings.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: where to stay near shops?

Been a while but we stayed at the tugboat inn in the past. Has a very nice restaurant on property as well as being close to everything.

Whitefield, New...
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: where to stay near shops?

I'm not a personal fan of the hotels/motels in town, but many are right on the water with great views. There are some nice inns though that are right in town - Harbourtown Inn, Captain Sawyers and Admirals Quarters come to mind (although I've only stayed at Harbourtown - the other two look great from the outside!). The Spruce Point Inn is fantastic, but a bit outside of town if you don't mind a little driving. Oh - we love going to the Thistle Inn for happy hour, but I don't know much about their lodging.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
359 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: where to stay near shops?

http://www.topsideinn.com/

We just returned from this beautiful inn. It´s right next to the shops and restaurants but also on a quiet side street with spectacular views over the harbour. Take a room in the main house. The best room is room #4 followed by #6 and #3.

Level Contributor
1 post
98 reviews
5. Re: where to stay near shops?

We just returned from a glorious vacation in boothbay harbor. We stayed at Welch House Inn. Great breakfast wonder ful service and easily walkable to shops, restaurants and attractions. Beautiful view from the upstairs deck. Great with a bottle of wine to relax in the evening!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
224 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: where to stay near shops?

Thanks for all of your suggestions! We're really looking forward to our first trip to Boothbay Harbor. We've decided on the Tugboat Inn and will check out all of the other suggestions when we're there.

7. Re: where to stay near shops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 21:17