We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best for a family with young teens

Wilton, New York
Level Contributor
54 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
best for a family with young teens

Family of 4, making a 2 or 3 night trip to Boothbay Harbor in late August. Teens will be 15 (girl) and 13 (boy). I'm considering Rocktide Inn, or Cap'n Fish Inn, or would someplace like Ocean Gate or Beach Cove be better and then we would drive into the village? We are familiar with the parking and traffic nightmares in Ogunquit, will this be similar if we are there mid-week?

The botanical gardens and a harbor tour are on the itinerary, I'm just having trouble deciding on a hotel. Thanks in advance.

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best for a family with young teens

If your teens are independent and might want to head off on their own (like to the Ice Cream Factory, or the bowling lanes) then an in-town location close to the footbridge would be good. If you tend to do everything as a family unit, or the kids want recreation opportunities right from your accommodations (e.g. kayaking), then a place like Ocean Gate or Beach Cove might be better. I haven't been in Ogunquit during peak season, so can't compare directly. Boothbay Harbor can get pretty busy, but town is also fairly compact and quite walkable so even if you have to park on the "outskirts," you are not very far from everything. I think of Ogunquit as more of a "strip," which is not the care here in BBH.

2. Re: best for a family with young teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 05:28