We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair Salon for the Bride

LPNY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hair Salon for the Bride

I am looking for recommendations on a great salon. One of my best friends is getting married in Camden next July 4th. Since none of us are from the area we are unsure where to schedule her appointment to get her hair done on her wedding day. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!!

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

There is a girl named Kim in Rockland who will come to your (to your hotel room, B&B or whatever) and do your hair on site. Let me email a friend and see if I can find her contact info.

A friend of mine who lives in Camden used her for her wedding this year and the hair was FABULOUS!

LPNY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

That would be great!! Thank you so much! She is getting married on July 4th 2009 at The Whitehall Inn.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

I went to a spa in Rockland last April that was great. They do hair, manicures, pedicures, facials, and massage. The prices were really reasonable as well. I can't remember the name, but they've only been open for a short while.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

Kimberly Doll, the salon is Veloute at 359 Broadway in Rockland, (207) 596-6211. She did hair of all ages (from flower girl and junior bridesmaid to moms) and it all looked good

LPNY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

Thanks so much MicheleS! I will get in touch with her!

Hope, Maine
Level Contributor
38 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

The best salon in the Camden area is Mahogany. A little pricey but well worth the cost for a special day.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

I agree... Mahogany is by far the classiest hair place in the area.

Islesboro, Maine
Level Contributor
310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

Just back from my first time at Mahogany as a new client... I went here after asking around on our island.

I agree, I would trust this team implicitly if it were my wedding day!

Bonnie Martz is FANTASTIC - ring the salon on 207-236-6692 - they are centrally located at 63 Elm Street, near the heart of town. Denise (the owner) also comes highly recommended. I noted they do not do on-site wedding work, but they are used to large bridal parties (or simply the bride alone). Do book in advance - I would call and book today to avoid disappointment as I noted the summer calender is already booking out.

Prices are a tad cheaper than salons I used to go to on Cape Cod - and the work is superior. I believe they also may do make-up applications as well.

The building looks like a simple New England clapboard home from the outside, but the interior reveals a beautiful salon.

Hope that helps!

Raleigh, NC
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

I recently got married July 4th in Camden, ME. Currently I live in Raleigh, NC so deciding which salon to choose for my wedding day hair was a bit nerve racking, especially since I wouldn't be able to meet with the stylist until 2 days before my wedding. One of my best friends posted a forum on trip advisor for me seeking help finding a reputable salon in the Camden area. Luckily for us there were quite a few responses and the name Kimberly Doll was mentioned more than once. With that info in hand I decided to give her a call to see if she would be available. Not only was she willing to drive from Rockland to Camden on July 4th (the worst traffic) she gave us a great price too!So two days before my wedding we (my bridesmaids and I) went in for my consultation. Kim was ready and waiting for us and from the moment I met her I knew she was the right one for the job. Not only was she super friendly and welcoming right off the bat, but she listened to what my ideas were, and I'm not even kidding, came up with my dream hair style in about 20 minutes!!!She was even so nice as to consult with my bridesmaids about their hairstyles as well!On my actual wedding day Kim was right on time and helped us keep things nice and relaxed by allowing us to take our time. We basically just hung out the whole time while she did everyone's hair. It was like having a friend there with us!I HIGHLY recommend Kim Doll and the Veloute salon in Rockland, ME for anything! Especially wedding day hair! She was born to style hair!

10. Re: Hair Salon for the Bride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Camden