We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach hotel/inn/lodging for 3 but w/ 2 bedrooms?Early August

Qaanaaq, Greenland
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Beach hotel/inn/lodging for 3 but w/ 2 bedrooms?Early August

My sister, 10-year old nephew and I are looking for a place to stay for a long weekend in early August.

We're not completely familiar with the area and just how close to the beach we can get, but with these parameters in mind, I would appreciate any and all suggestions:

- Does not need to be directly in Ogunquit, but we will be going to a concert there so fairly close by is important

- Walking distance to a beach (5 mins?) Ideally with a beach view, but not completely necessary

- 2 full, separate bedrooms

- Around $250/night (could be split into 2 rooms, or one rental)

- A small kitchen would be great, but at least a refrigerator

Many thanks for any ideas!

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
480 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Beach hotel/inn/lodging for 3 but w/ 2 bedrooms?Early August

I've booked a 2 bedroom suite at the Parsons Post House for September this year. This inn is now owned by Sea Chamber Motel but still with it's own website at the current time. I've not stayed there before but it looks wonderful and the 2 bed suite is a good price in September. Worth a look I'd say. I hope you have a great trip and a report on where you do stay and what you do/see will be lovely if you have time.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
2. Re: Beach hotel/inn/lodging for 3 but w/ 2 bedrooms?Early August

While The Post House has a great location the room that smh1954 is referring to is not that big, the room has a double bed and a Trundle bed in a very small other room with a bath between them. The Room rents out at $250 Plus a Night and is fully booked for the month of August but it does have a refrigerator in which many rooms in Ogunquit have.

" - 2 full, separate bedrooms "

This factor will probably be a problem especially for $250 a night.

You Can However book a room with a Separate Bedroom and a Sleep Sofa in the living room area along with a full kitchenette for in the area of about $250 plus taxes.. Try Seacastles Resort, in town close to all and a 5/10 min walk to the beach. Has an Indoor pool plus other Amentiies.

www.ogunquitbeach.com/seacastles/index.cfm

" We're not completely familiar with the area and just how close to the beach we can get, but with these parameters in mind, I would appreciate any and all suggestions:"

There are many places that are close to the Main Ogunquit beach in the Village that are a 5/10 min walk.

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
480 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Beach hotel/inn/lodging for 3 but w/ 2 bedrooms?Early August

Whoops! Perhaps I'm going to be dissapointed.... I'm booked now however and cant cancel I don't think. The pictures look good though and we're not too worried about the size of our rooms as it's having a seperate bedroom tht's our biggest priority, rather than sharing as our duaghter is an adult. We don't spend much if any time in our rooms (trying to convince myself?). I confesas I don't even know what a trundle bed is though! Can someone advise please? TheDiceMan?

xx

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
4. Re: Beach hotel/inn/lodging for 3 but w/ 2 bedrooms?Early August

" Whoops! Perhaps I'm going to be dissapointed.... I'm booked now however and cant cancel I don't think. The pictures look good though and we're not too worried about the size of our rooms as it's having a seperate bedroom "

You will be Happy with the room, not to worry. It is on the smaller side but as you said it does have a another room with bed and the bathroom is nice. You are in the heart of town close to everything, its a perfect location.

Edited: 02 June 2016, 11:37
Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
5. Re: Beach hotel/inn/lodging for 3 but w/ 2 bedrooms?Early August

Sorry didn't see this

" I don't even know what a trundle bed is though! Can someone advise please? "

The bottom slides out to make another small bed.

walmart.com/ip/…23314263

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
6. Re: Beach hotel/inn/lodging for 3 but w/ 2 bedrooms?Early August

" I've booked a 2 bedroom suite at the Parsons Post House for September this year. This inn is now owned by Sea Chamber Motel "

The Greatest benefit of this buy is for the people who stay at the Inn, They have Full use of all The Sea Chambers amenities and with a brand new pool, fire pit and breathtaking views this is a huge asset and all they have to do is walk across the street.

…photobucket.com/albums/vv323/TheDiceman7/20…

7. Re: Beach hotel/inn/lodging for 3 but w/ 2 bedrooms?Early August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2017, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit