We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 Hour Parking

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
24 Hour Parking

Hello, We are staying at the Marginal Way house tomorrow night (Friday). We were advised that we can only park one car on the hotel property and will need to park the second car elsewhere. We cannot avoid having a second car. We were advised to go to the Hutchins Blacksmith Antique Store to park overnight ($30 for a 24 hour period). Are there other options? If so, is this the best option and closest to the hotel property? Thanks so much for any information.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,681 posts
135 reviews
1. Re: 24 Hour Parking

Unacceptable, they should allow you to park a second car. I know that many places have limited parking but as you said you cant avoid the situation so they should accommodate you. I didn't realize that the Antique Store parking allows 24 hour parking. I don't know of any place you can park legit overnight.

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: 24 Hour Parking

Yes, obviously I agree! It's a major inconvenience to have to move my car at a certain time so that our second party can park on the hotel property upon arrival and not have to walk to the hotel from the Antique store with her belongings. I have run across this before but we only had one car coming at the time so it wasn't a problem for us. One hotel a couple of years ago even told us they couldn't guarantee us a spot in their lot when we arrived, even though we were paying for a room!

I called the Antique store and verified that they have overnight parking. $30 for 24 hours and CASH ONLY for anyone who intends to park there. The store closes at 6 PM so if there is no one there to collect your money you must return the following morning to pay. Don't want to have to think about all of this when I have just one day to relax in the town. Also, any hotel with this issue should be certain to inform the customer before making a reservation so it is clear up front.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
188 reviews
3. Re: 24 Hour Parking

dserenity, While I agree that it is a pain, it is on their home page that it is one car per room so they are upfront about it.

4. Re: 24 Hour Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2017, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit