We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockland next year

London
Level Contributor
77 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Rockland next year

Hi all,

Attending a sporting event in Rockland County next August and have three quick questions:

a) we will be arriving from Manhattan. Is the NJTransit line from Penn to Suffern the most effecient way to go at a weekend?

b) my eldest daughter, who is competing, will stay with the host family for 3 days after the tournament giving my wife and our 12 year old some time for a bit of relaxation. Have been recommended to hire a car and visit Hamptons/Cape May/Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket or Long Beach. I really don't know these areas so would appreciate recommendations for somewhere within a 2-3 hour drive and would be great for lying on a beach

c) On picking up our eldest we are planning on flying to Orlando. Do we have to fly from JFK or is there a local airport that supports that route

Many thanks in advance for your help

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
794 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rockland next year

I believe you posted this in the incorrect forum. Sounds like it should be in New York.

2. Re: Rockland next year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 05:27