We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carousel or Holiday Inn 66th st

Long Island, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Carousel or Holiday Inn 66th st

Which one would you choose. Planning to come down for 3 night at end of the month. I have 3 year old and 5 year old. Thanks

3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Carousel or Holiday Inn 66th st

Stay away from Carousel. Place is very dated and staff is horrible

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,226 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carousel or Holiday Inn 66th st

Carousel was recently updated, and it's very family friendly. But it's a high rise and the beach is crowded. Plus the elevators can be painfully slow. But it has an indoor ice rink, is close to some good restaurants and shopping. They have condos as well as hotel rooms.

The Holiday Inn on 66th/67th St is nice as well. We stay there often. One thing to keep in mind is that the hotel is in an L shape. The tip or top of the L is direct oceanfront and those are the best rooms, but also the most expensive. The bottom of the L also faces the ocean, but you will be looking across the pool and pool bar and dunes. The long side of the L faces south so you will have views of the ocean, but not direct views. If you book here and choose either the bottom or long side of the L, request a HIGH floor. Otherwise all you'll see is the pool and palm trees and people. There is no view on the bottom 3 floors at least. As for the hotel, it's very nice. Clean large rooms. Glass elevator. Two pools. Game room. Fantastic Italian restaurant and bakery on site. And you're fairly close to places like the Bonfire and BJ's and the General's Kitchen.

So really, it just depends on what you want, but I'd go with the Holiday Inn if given the choice.

Mentioned in this post
The Bonfire
The Bonfire
880 Reviews
Ocean City, MD
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
143 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carousel or Holiday Inn 66th st

Carousel has gone through renovations and having stayed there a few times I can definitely say it's one of the most family friendly hotels in Ocean City. For kids your age they will definitely enjoy it as it offers them an indoor and outdoor pool, an indoor atrium with an ice skating rink, snack bar, and an arcade room, an outdoor playground and they feature movies on the beach every week for the whole family.

I've never been to the Holiday Inn but I've only heard good things about it so you can't go wrong with either choice but I think the Carousel would be better accommodating for your kids.

Mentioned in this post
Ocean City
Ocean City
Maryland
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carousel or Holiday Inn 66th st

We stay at the holiday inn in the winter time with our kids. They do like it. Summer I think the Carasol is great for your kids ages. They will let you take two beach chairs down to the beach. Nice outdoor pool too.

Have you looked at the Holiday Inn and suites on 17th? It is right on the boardwalk of that is a con for you. But a big pro is the outdoor pools. Great pools for kids!!! We are going there next week for a couple of nights and our kids are excited.

Good luck

Sandi

5. Re: Carousel or Holiday Inn 66th st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2018, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City