We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet skiing

Belford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Jet skiing

Does anyone know of a place in OC that rents out jet skis/seadoos? also, ocean kayaks? We are leaving to go there for a week on Saturday.

Thanks!

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
634 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet skiing

This should help you out:

http://ocean-city.com/watersports/

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet skiing

Try to avoid the mid-town locations as they take you out in the bay and only give you a small area to ride in. It can also get very choppy out in this area depending on the wind and the amount of boat traffic.

I always like to point people to the south end jet ski rental locations since they take you out behind Assateague Island where you can see the ponies or even out into the ocean if the weather conditions are favorable.

Also, try doing a search on this topic as it has been covered many times before.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
53 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet skiing

We were in OC last week and we went jet skiing. I'm not sure of the name of the place, but it shares the parking lot with Seacrets (50th Street - i think). If you find a OC visistors book with all of the advertisements/coupons you can find coupons for this place. If you go on a Mon or Tues at 8am or 9am there is an extra discount ($20 off of 1 hour). I will note that when we called to make the reservation (highly recommended) the person did not tell us to arrive 30 min early and so we arrived about 10 min early and they had given our spots to someone else, which was a bummer. We had to wait another hour to go at 10am instead of 9am. Yes, the skiing was on the bay and in a limited area, but for our family it was fine. I think I would have been afraid to go out into the ocean.

Have fun!

Ocean City MD
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet skiing

The best places to go Jet skiing are in downtown Ocean City. I recommend Aqua Watersports on Dorchester Street formally part of (bayside rentals).My family has been renting with them for years, back when they were located in Shanty Town, and they run a very smooth operation. The prices of the downtown areas are about 10 to 15 dollars cheaper per hour for rentals. Many uptown locations also charge extra for gas. There are only two companies that take you behind assateague island which is the best place to ride in OC, hands down. Those companies are Aqua Watersports and Inlet Sea doo. I would highly recommend the first company over the later (read other postings). No matter what any company says, it is a state law that guides go out with you. Although there are no buoys to ride around each company guides you to a riding area. The ones behind assateague are the biggest around 3 square miles. www.ocaqua.com is the website of the location on Dorchester street. Where ever you decide to go make sure to book a reservation in advance!

5. Re: Jet skiing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations