We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in OC

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Activities in OC

On vacation May 16-23 - looking for great places to go out with friends. Love local spots and great seafood - any tips would be great. We are bringing our Harleys - looking for "bike friendly" hang outs - preferably with an outdoor deck. Where are the spots to hear live bands?

Thanks.

Ocean Pines...
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities in OC

Seacrets

This place will meet most of your requirements except for seafood. Although, I think they make a very decent crab cake and some of their grilled fish sandwiches are great too.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities in OC

Have your bikes, hit:

Fish tales

Cork bar

Snappers

ocean city
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities in OC

In West Ocean City( about a mile or so out of town) is Harborside Bar and Grill which is a local spot to hang out on a deck overlooking the harbor while you listen to live music. They have a great drink called "Orange Crush", a must try that sounds so good right now..a taste of summer!http://www.ocharborside.com/ Also on the other side of the harbor is a place called Sunset Grille, they have a neat deck on the water called Teasers that is worth checking out. And I also second Fish Tales on 22nd st. Have fun!!

OCMD
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities in OC

Mink66 - I have to say Seacrets I have avoided like the plague because of the hype, but last summer I was practically forced to go there (for lunch though) and I have to tell you the cream of crab soup was excellent, one of the best I've ever had. The crabcake was good too, but the cream of crab - heaven. Just goes to show, you never know until you try.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
635 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities in OC

I have to second (or third) Seacrets, but I have to endorse the pulled pork over the crabcake.

While I used to be a huge Fishtails fan, I don't know if the kid friendly playground that it has grown into would still be up your alley. Maybe in May it would be okay, but during the summer I find it a bit annoying for a hang out.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Activities in OC

Yes Harborside Bar and Grill is a must, great place.

Can't see why Fish Tales would not be a good spot for the bikes since they hold a showing there during bike week.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
635 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Activities in OC

Tfunky ... My response about Fishtails was more on the assumption that original poster was not looking for family friendly restaurants and was more interested in a bars to hang out in.

The reason that I don't like Fishtails as a bar anymore is the playground area that they added to the outside dining area. I used to love it when it small, primarily locals or folks coming off the boats, hole in the wall. But now everytime that I go now, it seems as if the place is packed with families with young kids (usually running around and screaming)... just not the same for me.

In mid May, I agree that it will not be the peak tourist season and the side dining area / playground area may not be at its peak ... so with that in mind, it may be good a recommendation.

Hanover, Pa
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Activities in OC

newtomd,

I see what you mean, it could get very packed with people and with kids during July/August. I have to through caution out there if parents are letting the young kids run around outside of the play area, one could easily fall into the water.

lancaster pa
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Activities in OC

Hit the Harborside in West OC on Saturday afternoon (2-6pm) for live music on the deck. Totally biker friendly.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Activities in OC

I hope you realize that May 16, 17 is Cruise In weekend. Totally insane trying to get anywhere to eat on Saturday night. Sunday isn't quite so bad. But Saturday will definitely be a traffic nightmare. One year it took us nearly two hours to get from Hooters to 64th St. I would suggest that on Saturday you plan to eat somewhere within walking distance of your condo/hotel.

Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations