We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decatur House unit 410

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Decatur House unit 410

Has anyone ever stayed in this unit. I have stayed in other units at the Decatur House so I know the building and most units are just basic. There are no photos of this unit online so I can not make any judgement at all. Looking for any info. Thanks

Ocean City
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Decatur House unit 410

I don't know anything about the unit, but in general it should be a great big red flag if there aren't any recent pictures posted. If you're renting from a realtor they should have pics posted, or you can drive down off season and get keys to units you're interested in and take a look at them in person. These days it's real easy to post pictures, so if there aren't any would tend to figure there's a reason they aren't posting them. There are lots of units with pics; don't see any reason to rent one without any.

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
114 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decatur House unit 410

@cstdwt - ditto @ColliemomOceanCity's comments. Something is amiss if there are no photos...and why are you considering one out of thousands of condos that do have photos?

pa
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decatur House unit 410

My sister i staying in that building that same week and that is one of the units available. There are a few other but they are up to $500 more a week.

Ocean City
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Decatur House unit 410

I'd assume from the lack of pictures and well below market price that it's in pretty bad shape. My gut says you'd be better off spending a little more and have a nice unit, but you've got to make that call. When units are priced low, there's a good reason - means they aren't in good enough shape to rent at a competative price.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decatur House unit 410

I have to agree with everyone else. I google searched that unit and every other available unit in Decatur House had pictures EXCEPT that one. I would run away very quickly towards another unit.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decatur House unit 410

I didn't know 410 was a rental unit. If you really want to stay in Decatur House, please look at the units Shoreline, Century 21, and Coldwell Banker have for rent there.

Edited: 10 February 2013, 20:24
7. Re: Decatur House unit 410

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 20:03
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decatur House unit 410

So you didn't take anyones advice after all. If you're comparing OC and MB, there is no comparrison. They're totally different.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decatur House unit 410

Momoo, it's countrymom13's first post and she's not the OP who was seeking advice. countrymom13 apparently didn't research Unit 410 here on TA, otherwise she would have seem this thread from February.

I agree, there's no point comparing OC and MB as they're two entirely different entities.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decatur House unit 410

You're right. I didn't catch that.