We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waldorf md, usa

Which Waldorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Waldorf md, usa

Hi , I am staying in Hampton inn , Waldorf MD, can anyone tell me if there is a metro station near it, I need to get to Ronald Regan airport from there, at the end of our forthcoming trip to the USA, thank you

11 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,753 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waldorf md, usa

No,the Metro doesn't go anywhere near Waldorf, it's miles away at Branch Avenue, and from there probably a 45 minute trip to the airport. Maybe a bit less.

Depending on what time your flight is leaving you may be able to catch a commuter bus to either downtown Washington or the nearest Metro station.

Morning rush hour traffic leaving Waldorf towards Washington can be very busy.

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waldorf md, usa

Hi Irish fan, cheers for your reply and thank you, our flight is @5pm, so we will have time to catch bus, I hope!!!!!!!, we booked the hotel as part of our two week trip in USA, and then realised it was a mistake, changing hotels not an option as we got it for reduced rate, so I will check bus out, heres hoping , Aine

near Washington DC
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waldorf md, usa

Its a mistake but you can recover. Waldorf is a very nice suburb community about 45 minutes outside DC. There are plenty of nice places to eat there. But its not a Mecca for entertainment. Does this mean that you will only make it to DC to fly out of Reagan? If so, this is your biggest loss

I couldn't find any public transportation to Waldorf. It is way too far for the subway and I also failed on bus transportation. That leaves only rental car and taxi.

I just called the following taxi service:

Waldorf Yellow Cab

(301) 885-3786 602

They said a fare from Waldorf is $50-$55 in the morning rush.

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waldorf md, usa

Oh wow thank you so so much for doing that, no we fly into Rnd RGN airport and stay in DC for two nights, then to Baltimore for two nights, Philly for three nights, Richmond for three nights, then to Connecticut to meet some cousins whom I have never met before, two night stay there, and then back to Waldorf for our last two nights, but now I am kind of thinking how are we going to get from DC to waldorf on our return to Dc from Connecticut, and then to airport, I know we can get cabs, but if we take cost of them into consideration , maybe we best to cut our losses with hotel in Waldorf and book hotel in DC, again thank you so very much for making that call, and for taking the time to help. I really appriciate that,

near Washington DC
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waldorf md, usa

Just checked a little more and discovered public transportation:

…maryland.gov/services/…

Look at routes 903, 905, and 909. It will take you to the Branch Ave Metro station. And here is the Metro map:

http://wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm

You could transfer at the Archives to the Yellow Line at L'Enfant Plaza to get to Reagan National Airport.

I'd still go with the $50 taxi. I'd even pay an extra $10-$15 to drive past DC's major sites. If there was a place in DC to store your luggage, you'd have more options.

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waldorf md, usa

Thank you again, how kind of you, we will do a couple of tours when we are in DC, as when we arrive we are staying in a downtown hotel there, I have no idea how we come to book hotel in Waldorf1!!!1. when you say taxi do you mean $50 to Ronald Regan airport from Waldorf, if so this is quiet cheap, and we will go with that option, as for seeing DC we hope to take in major sights in our two day stay, and maybe one of our two days stay in Waldorf we can travel into DC again, Really looking forward to this trip, it will be our third visit to your country, each time we see different states, again thank you, your information is invaluable to me, cheers

La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waldorf md, usa

I live very near Waldorf. The schedule of commuter busses between Waldorf and Washington is found here: http://mta.maryland.gov/services/commuterbus/ then, scroll down to the "900's" series of bus routes. Unfortunately, they mostly (or only??)

operate inbound to City in morning and outbound in afternoon.

The following website is also very ingenious, to instantly map transit to anywhere worldwide http://www.google/com/transit although it's not perfect - as sometimes the site overlooks some local transit services.

IRISH FAN and others, take note of these 2 websites, for future reference.

Edited: 01 February 2011, 20:58
La Plata, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waldorf md, usa

Sorry - correction - that should be http://www.google.com/transit

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,753 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waldorf md, usa

"IRISH FAN and others, take note of these 2 websites, for future reference."

Why are you shouting out my name? I rarely go to Waldorf and have no need for a commuter bus to or from the place. The web sites for the commuter bus links were posted yesterday by MD Dan in his post # 5 of this thread.

10. Re: Waldorf md, usa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2012, 11:20

Reply to: Waldorf md, usa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waldorf
Recent Conversations