We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riddles Closed?

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
Riddles Closed?

Just heard that Riddles supermarket is closed, what a shame. Always went there for groceries while staying in Hull. Will be back in a couple of weeks, will have to stop in the supermarket in Hingham I guess.. Does anyone know if another store in Hull will be opening? For future visits.. Cant wait to get back to Hull, I love this town, eventually will have to buy a place on the beach lol.. Thanks

11 replies to this topic
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
133 reviews
1. Re: Riddles Closed?

Riddles is for sale, I have read that they are hoping someone will want to buy the supermarket and run it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,784 posts
286 reviews
2. Re: Riddles Closed?

I stopped in there in May and it was a disaster. They had no meat and there was barely anything in the store. And it was dirty. Really sad. You're better off going to Stop & Shop or Trader Joes in Hingham.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Riddles Closed?

It's unlikely that the store will be sold. The asking price is $7,000,000 which is about 4x the value. Current owners are deep in debt and are throwing a hail Mary in hopes of getting out of the mess.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Riddles Closed?

Thanks for the info, yeah the stop n shop is a nice store, went there once while there, 7 million seems a little steep hopefully the owners can sell it to bring back a local store to the town..

1 post
5. Re: Riddles Closed?

Stop and Shop and Shaws in Cohasset is closer and easier to get to

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
133 reviews
6. Re: Riddles Closed?

If you are driving down to Hull on 3A there is a Fresh Market at the Hingham Shipyard on your way.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: Riddles Closed?

Thanks Dave V I actually think that I went to the Stop n Shop in Cohasset not Hingham.. I have seen the Fresh Market also a good choice.. Thanks we are getting excited about coming to Hull!! 10 more days..

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,784 posts
286 reviews
8. Re: Riddles Closed?

There's also the Fruit Center in Hingham. No shortage of choices. lol. I love their salad bar.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Riddles Closed?

Thanks beagle33 I haven't heard of the Fruit Center before might have to check it out.. Is it only fruit like a farmers market?

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Riddles Closed?

Loco -- the Fruit Center is an exceptionally nice grocery -- they have everything. Prices are less than Whole Foods. People are super nice, produce, in particular is great. It is also the closest of all the groceries to Hull. It's at the Hingham Rotary on the harbor. I would buy my seafood at Lobster Express (you probably already do).

Reply to: Riddles Closed?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted