We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
51 reviews
Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston

I saw in earlier posts that there was no weekend ferry from Hull to Boston. These posts were from 2012-2014. We have just booked a weekend at the Nantasket Beach Resort with the plan of taking a ferry into Boston on Saturday. If there are no ferries from Hull to Boston on weekends, what are our options? Really not looking to drive my vehicle into Boston as I know parking is very limited.

7 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,437 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston

When are you coming? It seems to run on weekends from Memorial Day weekend through Columbus Day weekend in mid-October)

Go here: www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/boats/lines/…

And select the PDF schedule offered on the upper right portion of the page and you will be able to see it.

The interactive schedule, where you pick "Saturday" from the drop down does not show anything. I guess it is working using a date close to today to do the lookup.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,437 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston

Forgot to say ... If you can't use the ferry, you could drive about 30 minutes to the Braintree subway station and ride the subway's red line into the city.

Lots of info here; http://www.mbta.com

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,750 posts
1 review
3. Re: Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston

Parking is really not limited. You just need to pay for parking in a garage. Even in Braintree where the subway is located, you will need to pay for parking.

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston

Thank you all for your responses, I appreciate the information.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston

Correct answer forthcoming...

As Forgot said, there is service in the summer.

If you are not coming in the summer, the easiest way is the commuter rail (not to be confused with the subway system) It's a five minute drive from you hotel to the Nantasket Junction station on the Greenbush Line. The only hook, it's $4 to park and $15 round trip fare.

The subway is a bit cheaper with $7 parking and a bit over $2 per person one way on the "T". I would drive to the Quincy Adams station on the Red Line, not Braintree. It's a tiny bit faster.

But, driving is not bad at all on weekends, and just about as fast. I go (yes, from Hull) to the garage at 40 Beach Street in Chinatown. It's easily reached from the highway and all day parking is just $13.

LMM

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
51 reviews
6. Re: Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston

We will be there the last w

Edited: 21 March 2016, 07:40
East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
51 reviews
7. Re: Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston

We will be there the last weekend in June so I believe we'll be able to take the ferry as it looks from the previous response. I really appreciate the alternatives, as well, since it's better to prepared if anything goes awry. Thank you.

Reply to: Weekend ferry service from Hull to Boston
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted