We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Storage

3 posts
2 reviews
Luggage Storage

We are having a few days on Cape Cod next month and are travelling down from Boston by coach We would like to spend the day in Hyannis before going on to our hotel.

Is there anywhere we can leave our case for a few hours while we do some sightseeing ?

13 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
23,539 posts
746 reviews
1. Re: Luggage Storage

Wouldn't your hotel take your luggage for you early? Most would

3 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Luggage Storage

Our hotel is in South Yarmouth some distance away from the coach terminus in Hyannis. We thought would have lunch and a walk about before taking a taxi to the hotel in late afternoon

Boston...
Level Contributor
23,539 posts
746 reviews
3. Re: Luggage Storage

A hotel bellman in Hyannis would probably hold your bags for a tip

3 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Luggage Storage

Thanks. That seems a very idea. I will try that.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: Luggage Storage

I don't think there is a hotel close to the bus terminal. I think you would be better off going to the hotel first and taking a taxi or possibly the H2O line:

www.capecodtransit.org/h2o-route.htm…

Stores in Hyannis close about 5 p.m., not sure when you will arrive.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,993 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Luggage Storage

I'm not sure if this would work since you would not be staying at the hotel where you would want to leave your bags but they are very kind at Seacoast Inn and you could also try the larger Hyannis Travel Inn on North St.

Both of these would be walkable from the Hyannis Transportation Center if you didn't have luggage. Not sure how you could get there with bags except taxi.

Stores are open late on Main St. in Hyannis in the summer season so mid to late June should find them all open past 5.

Since you will not have a car does your hotel have a shuttle?

South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
686 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Luggage Storage

Heritage House hotel is directly diagonally across the street from bus terminal and Cascade Motor Lodge plus America Best Value Inn are both a short block to the east. Maybe one of those might help?

Another idea (untested) would be to ask the folks at Bradford's Hardware across street from terminal if they might help you out...very nice folks at that store..one of my places i shop quite often.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,993 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Luggage Storage

Bradford Ace Hardware is a nutty idea but it could work I suppose. Can they use your name John?

South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
686 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Luggage Storage

They may not know me by name but i'm likely the rare 6'-9" tall customer! And - it's closer than the other two hotels i listed and on their way to get to those...

I thought the bus station had lockers but i guess after 9/11 those became obsolete everywhere.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: Luggage Storage

I hate to say it, but in this day and age storing a stranger's luggage might be seen as risky. Sad but true. I think you should just find your way to your hotel. Perhaps inquire in advance if you can get an early check-in. If they can not accommodate that ask the hotel about storing your bags so you can do a bit of sight seeing while you wait for your room to be readied.

Reply to: Luggage Storage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted