We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?

Headed to Hyannis with extended family and was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to eat that's waterfront. We've been going to the Cape for years and are kind of shocked by the lack of options! We're not picky about what type of food and enjoy everything from a super casual clam shack to fine dining. A word of caution though, we'll have our 3 year old twins with us so no 5 star dining this time around. They're generally pretty good in restaurants so we're flexible, but I mean, they're still 3 ;)

7 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,993 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?

Harbourview - new

Black Cat - get the chowder

Dockside for B,L,D

Spanky's - al fresco

Baxter's Fish and Chips - they have an area for families.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,786 posts
286 reviews
2. Re: Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?

Spanky's would be my pick. They have great soft shell crab.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
455 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?

I would second Spanky's. We took a 4 and 2 year old there last summer. We sat outside by the fishing boats and had a great time. The view is blocked by those same boats though. Baxter's has the best water views.

Level Contributor
36 posts
4. Re: Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?

Tugboats

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,993 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?

Yes I would also suggest Tugboats but the OP doesn't seem to be looking for white tablecloth dining and might not be able to dine in the bar instead,,,don't know.

Level Contributor
36 posts
6. Re: Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?

Tugboats is not white cloth dining at all. We go there a lot with our toddler. They have large outdoor deck with plastic tables and chairs. It’s about the farthest thing from white cloth dining. Great view overlooking the harbor/marina.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,993 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?

Hmmmmm, we dined there a while ago at a small inside dining room that was indeed white tablecloth and we have also eaten at the bar. Both times it was dark so we'll have to look for the plastic table section. It seems that they are all things to all tastes from what you say. Also it's so nice that they have valet parking, especially useful in high season.

Reply to: Waterfront Dining around Hyannis?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted