We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod in early October

Montreal
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Cape Cod in early October

Hello,

My wife and I are planning a trip to Cape Cod in early October.

We figured it would still be a nice time to visit, but we've never been so we wouldn't know better.

We have booked our hotel, but I am beginning to wonder if we should reconsider Cape Cod in October.

We aren't planning on hitting the beach, but hoped to be able to walk around, enjoy the coast and scenery, enjoy some seafood and maybe

do a little shopping.

Would anyone here have anything to say about Cape Cod in October? As first timers, would you suggest that we come another time?

Your help / advice is much appreciated.

Thank you,

R

Wings Beachwear
Gift & Speciality Shops
Mass Bay Co
Gift & Speciality Shops
usa
Level Contributor
240 posts
1. Re: Cape Cod in early October

Check out a previous post under Cape Cod titled "out of season".

Rt 6A...home to many antique stores etc. have plenty open in the off season as is Mashpee Commons. Just plan your restaurant dining ahead of time by purchasing a Zagat guide or read other suggestions in previous posts. Have a great time and if the weather is good...bike or kayak.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Cape Cod in early October

Well, my birthday is Oct. 1, you could always bring me along ;-)

Hubby and I are staying @ a B & B for a weekend in November (middle of the month) and we plan on hitting the beaches. We'll throw on some jeans and a sweatshirt and we'll be good to go.

We've never been to the Cape in the Fall, very much looking forward to it.

Naomi :-)

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Cape Cod in early October

The Cape is wonderful in early October....completely different vibe than the summer rush and the same glorious scenery...Some places have closed (this is a Summer resort area afterall), but you will still be able to do all the things you've stated you wanted to do!

Try to visit Chatham, take a ride to Provincetown, visit the National Seashore, Kennedy Museum in Hyannis is great, eat a lobster, eat some Cod (if there is any) and enjoy this quieter time. The Cape isn't desolate in early Oct.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,618 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Cape Cod in early October

My husband's birthday is October 1 as well. I have a feeling that he's a few years older than you, however!! Just got back after our three weeks in Orleans.

MASSACHUSETTS
Level Contributor
85 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Cape Cod in early October

Rob - Hope you are having a blast on the Cape. Tomorrow is October 4th and it's supposed to be up around 80. Enjoy!

6. Re: Cape Cod in early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 21:20