We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach suggestions

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
25 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Beach suggestions

Hi There,

Will be in Cap Cod for only one day on business but will have about 4 -5 hours of free time. (have a car and hotel already)

I already found great suggestions to visit main street as well as some restaurants in the posts, but would love to know what beaches are a must see, and possibly take a take a little walk on. I will be there on the first week of November, so I asume it will be cold already but I have to see the beach, smell the air and feel the sand on my feet. I will love to come back on the spring or summer but for now, don't want to pass the opportunity to see what I asume is a beautiful travel destination.

thanks in advance

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
25 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beach suggestions

HI there,

I'm getting my travel book ready, and can't wait. I also hope I get a little sunshine, but otherwise I will still enjoy being there.

thank you for your advice, you added valuable information

thanks you all for taking the time to write

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
25 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beach suggestions

Just a quick note to thank all of you who offer such great suggestions for my visit to Cape Cod.

I stayed one night in a beautiful inn overlooking the harbor,

was able to drive down 28 stopping along the way all the way to National Sea Shore. it was all breath taking and more beautiful than I imagined. It gets dark early so could not do as much as I wanted in the one day I was there but am looking forward comming back next year.

I was able to walk in down town main street Hyannis (most shops closed this time of year but had a nicet dinner at the Brazilian Grill (delicious)

I was so lucky that I had such a warm and sunny week for this time of year so was able to take very nice pictures.

Again thank yuu fo rthe great advice

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,571 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Beach suggestions

So glad that it all worked out for you. One day is just a teaser though isn't it? Well, now that you have Cape Cod sand in your shoes you'll be sure to be back. Did you stay at AnchorIn?

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,277 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Beach suggestions

So glad you had a nice time! There is so much to see and do on the Cape that you have not even scratched the surface. If you get the opportunity to return when the days are warmer and longer come back to the forum and we will be happy to make more suggestions. In the meantime, enjoy your memories!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Beach suggestions

Nice to hear you had a nice day on the Cape. I hope you make it back when you'll have more time, warmer weather, longer days, and more places open.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
25 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Beach suggestions

I'm with you!

can't wait to come back. is sure a beautiful place to visti, can only imagine how it must be in the summer.

will be there ready to jump in the water cames summer!

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Beach suggestions

If you'd like to be closer to the National Seashore for your next visit, you might consider staying in Eastham. yellowbird, a frequent poster here, is the owner of Fort Hill B&B and will be able to suggest restaurants in that area. It's both warmer and much, much busier in the summer months so I hope you're able to have an extended stay.

by the way: Thank-you for letting everyone know how your trip went. I noticed very few return 'visits' to this forum and it's nice to read of someone's good time.

18. Re: Beach suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2011, 00:16