We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod-where should we stay ?

OMAHA
Level Contributor
10 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Cod-where should we stay ?

My husband and I have only 2 weekend days In September to explore the area. After looking at online at options- I am confused and frustrated.. My husband is not a fan of B and B's , but the hotels look dumpy for the money.. I would love to be on or near the beach with a downtown and good restaurants nearby. Don't need a spa or pool.. We have a lovely lake place back in Minnesota but I want to find the unique charm of this area..Any suggestions?

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Cod-where should we stay ?

GinkyH, your question has been answered many times. Take a look at the Top Questions section to the right and try a search of recent posts. I think you will find many, many fine places to stay. Keep in mind that Cape Cod is not an inexpensive place to stay if you are looking for beach, quality and a bit of luxury. The season is short and most lodging establishments must make their living in 3-4 months.

For unique charm of Cape Cod, the outer Cape, where the National Seashore has preserved much of the land, is not to be missed. But every area of Cape Cod has some pluses. Read On!!!!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,382 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Cod-where should we stay ?

You just described Chatham Bars Inn. Does your budget run to 400-500 per night? If not you might also want to look at The Hawthorn Motel just a bit down the road. From either location you could walk to town (though I would drive anyway so as not to have to walk single file on Shore Rd) for shopping and dining. You'll visit the lighthouse and the fish pier also as the highlights of Chatham village.

OMAHA
Level Contributor
10 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Cod-where should we stay ?

thanks- I think I have a bit of sticker shock.. but maybe I will just bite the bullet and do it for the uniqueness of the area.

OMAHA
Level Contributor
10 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Cod-where should we stay ?

Thanks - I will investigate. I appreciate the guidance.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,382 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Cod-where should we stay ?

Ginky, I just noticed that you posted on the Hyannis board. That would be a great place to stay (if you can't do Chatham Bars Inn) IF you stay in the harbor area. I would suggest driving to nearby Craigville or other beaches but you'll be able to walk to Main St. or the harbor area for dining and evening entertainment. See what you think about Anchor In. Good luck.

6. Re: Cape Cod-where should we stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 17:17