We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extreme weather policies this weekend

Which Hyannis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Extreme weather policies this weekend

Does anyone have any experience of the norms in Cape Cod Hotels for rescheduling inflexible Hotel stays this weekend?

I have a pre-paid reservation at the Comfort In for arrival on Sunday, which seems to be right in the middle of Hurricane Irene. I called and asked about rescheduling because it sound crazy trying to drive in the forecast conditions but the Hotel is taking a very hard line on this. Is this normal for all Hotels in the area?

Just to add to the fun the Hotel wasted my time by telling be to contact their central reservations, only for them to call the Hotel. And an email to Choice Hotels customer "service" got an automatic response from their vacation program that didn't even tell me when they would be back!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,401 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Extreme weather policies this weekend

I suspect you'll see that soften now. Looks like the hurricane will definitely be hitting. There will probably be some evacuations as well. Stay tuned.

Edited: 24 August 2011, 22:54
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extreme weather policies this weekend

At Fort Hill B+B we are encouraging our guests who are scheduled to leave on Sunday to leave early. We will refund for their early departure, although we normally will not refund for an early departure. Just seems like the right thing to do. I think each establishment will make their own decisions.

3. Re: Extreme weather policies this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 11:22