We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nauset Beach

Vermont
Level Contributor
452 posts
7 reviews
Nauset Beach

Are the waves always big, big enough to body surf at this beach? I know it's cold but any chance it gets warmer at the end of the day? And lastly, what time do they stop charging for parking? Thanks so much!! (we're thinking of stopping by later today for an hour or so wave fun, so if anyone's there today (8/15) and can report how the waves are I would SOOOO appreciate it!)

6 replies to this topic
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
442 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Nauset Beach

Easy enough to google and find this answer - best time for waves today appears to be 11am. Someone else will need to answer about when they stop charging but I bet you can google that too. :)

surf-forecast.com/breaks/…latest

Vermont
Level Contributor
452 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Nauset Beach

wow, thanks so much! what an awesome link/resource!

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Nauset Beach

You can take a look at the webcam for Coast Guard Beach, the next National Seashore Beach to the North in Eastham. The Nauset beach cam is down...but you can get an idea of the waves from the CG cam.http://www.morebeach.com/cam/watch/3026384

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
16,001 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Nauset Beach

https:/…frequently-asked-questions

4:30pm

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
865 posts
224 reviews
5. Re: Nauset Beach

Nauset Beach parking gets filled up fast so go early. But if you go after 5 pm, you probably can get in for free, but they have an honor code pay Station so it is really still a payable event.

Edited: 16 August 2018, 17:19
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
16,001 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Nauset Beach

Pamela, do you referencing Nauset in Eastham or E. Orleans? I've never seen the 'honor payment system' that you describe...huh.

Reply to: Nauset Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orleans
Recent Conversations