We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for unique type accomadations....

Vermont
Level Contributor
452 posts
7 reviews
Looking for unique type accomadations....

H,

Wanting a vacation rental that has 2 seperate "spaces". Either 2 small cottages, or a rental that has a carrige type/apartment room on the property. My husband and I plus my teen son and his friends. My son would love the feel of having his "own" place, but of course he's not old enough to rent on his own, and there would be times we'd do stuff all together... If anyone knows of any rental, or cottages set up like that... we'd be greatly appreciative. Coming mid to late August. Thanks!!

8 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
16,006 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Looking for unique type accomadations....

I think you might get some input if you would specify your travel dates, the number of people in total as well as how many each accommodation should suit and then your total budget. Meantime call realtors in the towns that you would consider but Dennis Port has a bunch of quirky properties so you might want to contact a realtor there if that beach village suits.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,684 posts
1 review
2. Re: Looking for unique type accomadations....

We have rented houses in the past that have had rooms in the basement. Usually a family room with TV, ping pong table, etc Sometimes a bedroom and bathroom as well. Something like that might work for you. I'll get back to you if I can give you more info.

You have posted in the Orleans forum. Are you interested in other locations?

Edited: 06 July 2015, 21:46
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Looking for unique type accomadations....

When you say your teen son and his friends....how old is he and how many friends? I am sure that an unsupervised group of teenagers will be a concern for most owners due to liability issues.

Vermont
Level Contributor
452 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Looking for unique type accomadations....

Senior, Orleans is really our favorite so prob. just Orleans right now. But if the perfect rental came up I'd look at it. A duplex type rental, or 2 parts of a multi type too. I think that they are under our supervision, but have their own "rental" feel to it is the goal. They are great, honor roll, community service, sports playing kids. All have jobs at age 16/17 and are great kids. If you hear of anything, thanks so much!!

THOMASTON, CT
Level Contributor
124 posts
5. Re: Looking for unique type accomadations....

WE are sating in house that would meet your needs but it is booked for the season. A quick look on VRBO turned up this. VRBO Listing #176822ha

Vermont
Level Contributor
452 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Looking for unique type accomadations....

Thanks, looked great, appreciate you searching.... this place is booked when we want to go but it gives me hope to keep looking.... thanks!!

THOMASTON, CT
Level Contributor
124 posts
7. Re: Looking for unique type accomadations....

It was on the same page as where we are staying, we have half of a duplex that they usually rent as one unit

but she had an opening for onside. She is booked through the beginning of Sept. You are going to have a hard time finding something this late. I would call a realtor.

Edited: 07 July 2015, 10:08
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,684 posts
1 review
8. Re: Looking for unique type accomadations....

I think that renting a house with a separate recreation space such as in a basement would be as far as I would go in these circumstances. I'm sure that they would love to be more separate but are you really willing to be responsible for other people's children and what they may or may not do?

I think that you will have a problem finding something in Orleans, especially at this late date. I know several places which would work for you but they are all booked. I think that it's great that you are willing to take your son's friends on vacation with you by the way.

Edited: 07 July 2015, 10:19
Reply to: Looking for unique type accomadations....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orleans
Recent Conversations