We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Provincetown on November 1st. Ferry open? Weather OK?

San Diego...
3 posts
Provincetown on November 1st. Ferry open? Weather OK?

Hi

I am planing to take the ferry from Boston to Provincetown. I am not sure if the Ferry is still open on November 1st. Also, is the weather is OK to take the ferry there? I am from west coast and looking forward to going to cape cod for one day. Any recommendation for my one day trip?

Thank you very much in advance.

Special Offer
Go Boston Card
138 Reviews
from US$57.00*
US$60.00
Cape Cod Fast Ferry
52 Reviews
from US$61.00*
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,373 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Provincetown on November 1st. Ferry open? Weather OK?

Did you look at the weather report or the ferry website? Assuming you go are you getting a car because what to do is limited otherwise.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
6,951 posts
250 reviews
2. Re: Provincetown on November 1st. Ferry open? Weather OK?

Weekend service only on the Provincetown Fast Ferry. Last trip is Sunday, November 5.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,611 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Provincetown on November 1st. Ferry open? Weather OK?

If you can rent a car, you'll see a lot more than arriving by ferry (on the weekend, not the 1st).

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,796 posts
1 review
4. Re: Provincetown on November 1st. Ferry open? Weather OK?

By the way, it is only Bay State Cruises that operates on weekends. They leave from the World Trade Center in the Seaport Area. Boston Harbor Cruises, which operates near the Aquarium, is already done for the year on its Provincetown Ferry Service.

Edited: 30 October 2017, 09:46
Arlington...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Provincetown on November 1st. Ferry open? Weather OK?

It looks like the ferry runs through November 26th - I'm also thinking of going but a week later.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,611 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: Provincetown on November 1st. Ferry open? Weather OK?

Ann a week later than Nov 1, is Wednesday Nov 8. The ferry is not running on weekdays in November. Be sure to check the schedule. At this time of year, it runs on FRI, SAT and SUN only and if you are not staying overnight, you will only have about 5 hours in Ptown, INCLUDING the time to get off and back on the boat.

Schedule between now and Nov 26:

Friday

leave Boston at 5:30pm, arrive ptown at 7:00

leave Ptown at 7:30pm, arrive Boston at 9:00

Saturday and Sunday

leave Boston 8:30am, arrive ptown at 10am

leave Ptown at 3:00pm, arrive Boston at 4:30pm

See for yourself at http://baystatecruisecompany.com

7. Re: Provincetown on November 1st. Ferry open? Weather OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2018, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown
Recent Conversations