My best friend and I (both in our 20s) are planning on taking a ferry from Boston to Provincetown for the day sometime between July 29 and August 1st. I had a few question maybe people can help us with!
- what's the earliest and latest ferry to and from Boston?
- should we book in advance for the ferry? What are the chances of tickets being sold out if we just walk up?
- which day will be best to visit Provincetown? We have a Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Would the Monday be best as its lower crowds or would things be closed?
- where does the ferry drop us off and how do we get to the beach?
- what is the difference between herring cove and race point? Both seem to be very popular and I can't seem to make out what distinguishes one over the other.
- are there any umbrellas for rent on either beach?
- any recommendations in general?