We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Truro

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
352 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
North Truro

We are staying at Sutton Place. There website says walking distance to PTown. Can anyone tell me how far it actually is and can we walk the beach? Thank you

Special Offer
Go Boston Card
136 Reviews
from US$57.00*
US$60.00
Cape Cod Fast Ferry
48 Reviews
from US$61.00*
USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: North Truro

We used to stay at the Seagull motel, practically on the town line.I'd often cycle into Province town, took less than 10 minutes to get to the pier. Seems like a bit of a hike to walk, however, a couple of miles.

Boston...
Level Contributor
21,813 posts
689 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Truro

Have you checked a map? I'm not sure what "Sutton Place" is, exactly. Google tells me that "Sutton Place East" in North Truro is closed, but if that's the place, it looks like an hour or so walk to me.

Parts of it are beach walkable, parts are private property or not navigable.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Truro

Where exactly is Sutton Place? Can't find any address for it. And as said above you cannot walk the entire way on the beach to downtown Provincetown.

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
352 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Truro

Sutton Place are cottages on the beach in North Truro. They have been completely remodeled and I believe are sold as "condos" now. At least I hope so......I found it on Home Away.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Truro

I found their website, but no physical address.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,251 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Truro

Sutton place is a cottage colony. The little squarish white ones with the dark green trim. They went condo a few years ago. Paparazzi restaurant was right there years ago.

In any case, as mentioned, it is a longish walk. There are no sidewalks, the road is not super wide and you are sharing it with cyclists and motor vehicles. I, personally, would never walk it after dark for fear of being hit by a car.

The good news is the flex bus runs right by and will stop if you wave.

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
352 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Truro

Thank you! Does the bus run late night??

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North Truro

Here is the website:

http://www.capecodtransit.org/flex-route.htm

Not after about 11 PM.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: North Truro

the FLEX does not run late, however the Provincetown/Truro shuttle does. You can flag it down in front of the Sutton Place condos and upon request the driver will drop you off there too. You find the schedule also on the capecodtransit.org website.

the walk from SP walk from SP to Povincetown is as FMPW already mentioned longish and 6A is not pedestrian friendly. I prefer to walk on the beach over 6A.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: North Truro

The Provincetown/Truro shuttle stops running about midnight.

Edited: 19 July 2016, 13:36