We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Hotels

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,985 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Hotels

Hello fellow TAers- We'd like to plan a beach weekend on the Cape this summer, but since it will be after a much bigger trip, our budget will be quite tight. Spouse doesn't want to drive all the way to Eastham/Truro /Provincetown so I am looking mid-Cape. I've found a great low rate at the Beach n Towne in W Yarmouth which looks like it was renovated last year from a dump back to an OK mom 'n pop motel. Also considering the Gaslight in Dennisport, which is a bi more expensive but like you can walk to a beach. Love the look of some of the beachfront hotels in Dennis but $250+ per night is too high, unfortunately. If neither of the above motels is advisable any suggestions for a hotel, preferably walkable to a beach, for under $150 per night? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Eastham
Eastham
Cape Cod, MA
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Beach N Towne Motel
Beach N Towne Motel
131 Reviews
South Yarmouth, MA
Yarmouth
Yarmouth
Southwest Nova Scotia, Canada
Dennis
Dennis
Cape Cod, MA
The Escape Inn
The Escape Inn
#1 of 21 hotels in South Yarmouth
Surfcomber on the Ocean
Surfcomber on the Ocean
#4 of 21 hotels in South Yarmouth
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 21 hotels in South Yarmouth
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Hotels

Do you have any idea of when in the summer that you will be going? By weekend do you mean Saturday and Sunday nights?

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,985 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Hotels

Yes, arriving Saturday and departing Monday in August, undecided as yet as to which particular weekend. We are 2 adults and a 12 y.o. Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Hotels

I wouldn't stay at the Beach n Towne. I'm assuming that's on rt 28 in W. Yarmouth? I'm pretty sure I know which one it is. What about the Clarion in S. Yarmouth? I worked there when it was a different name quite a few years ago but it was a nice place, very reasonably priced. It's also on 28 but the traffic isn't as congested as it is on that stretch in W. Yarmouth.

Mentioned in this post
Beach N Towne Motel
Beach N Towne Motel
131 Reviews
South Yarmouth, MA
Yarmouth
Yarmouth
Southwest Nova Scotia, Canada
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,985 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Hotels

The Clarion's website will only let me check rates now up until the end of June, no further, but the rates for the end of June are around $239 per night, which is already over our budget. I appreciate the suggestion, though. Any other motel ideas?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Hotels

Sometimes you do better calling the hoteliers on the Cape as I bet you know. Take a look at Cutty Sark in Dennis Port which is one short block to the beach at Raycroft. That beach has parking for just five cars so there is not much traffic there. That is part of the lovely strand along Nantucket Sound. Handy to Cutty Sark is Wee Packet where you can get all meals but importantly get lobster rolls (or other) for a beach picnic lunch. Later walk to the beach bar at nearby Three Seasons motel. The fab Ocean House Restaurant is within walking distance too and you can also take a 3 min drive to The Oyster Co if you'd like 'happy hour' pricing on raw oysters daily. If you stay in this area then there are other yummy options that are not overpriced that I can suggest if you want.

Mentioned in this post
Dennis Port
Dennis Port
Dennis, MA
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
Wee Packet
Wee Packet
722 Reviews
Dennis Port, MA
Ocean House Restaurant
Ocean House Restaurant
931 Reviews
Dennis Port, MA
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,353 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Hotels

How about Nauset Knoll in Orleans? A little more than you wanted to spend at $195.00 but the location can't be beat - right at Nauset Beach. You'll save money not having to pay for beach parking. We stayed there last summer for a weekend and the room was large and spotless.I would highly recommend it!

Edited: 08 March 2015, 10:43
Mentioned in this post
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Nauset Beach
Nauset Beach
606 Reviews
Orleans, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Hotels

Bookat, here's the link to the Cutty Sark. I see that there are a lot of 'unofficial' websites for them. They do have a rate category that meets your requirement. They also get good reviews on TripAdvisor. http://www.cuttysarkmotorlodge.com/index.html

Mentioned in this post
The Cutty Sark
The Cutty Sark
96 Reviews
Dennis Port, MA
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,985 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Hotels

Thank you. The Cutty Sark looks perfect and the calendar showed availability until I tried to book and then it required a minimum 3 night stay for August weekends, which we can't do. Looking at the Nauset Knoll now.

Mentioned in this post
The Cutty Sark
The Cutty Sark
96 Reviews
Dennis Port, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Hotels

Sorry about that BooKat. Your original idea of the Gaslight looks good according the the TA reviews and you can enjoy an evening stroll on the beach across the street at low tide. One day you can have a late breakfast (walk to the Cafe at Three Seasons or up to Wee Packet) and then go for a late lunch/early dinner at the Ebb Tide as I suspect that they still have the early bird prices. It's always been too much food but you can skip dessert and then go up to Sundae School for homemade ice cream until about 11 pm. Be sure to poke around at the Ebb Tide gift shop for bit too. I would really like to hear what you think of it if you stay at the Gaslight if you think of it.

Mentioned in this post
Wee Packet
Wee Packet
722 Reviews
Dennis Port, MA
The Ebb Tide
The Ebb Tide
214 Reviews
Dennis Port, MA
10. Re: Help with Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2016, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about South Yarmouth