We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I live in Worcester, MA?

Austin, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Where should I live in Worcester, MA?

I will be coming to Worcester for the summer, I have an internship there and now that I have that secured my next big objective is to find where to live. I'm looking for an apartment or a room, my thought was to try to find a summer sublet, which I assume will pop up somewhere due to the college students in the area. But I want to make sure I am able to live in a decent and safe area. I'm coming from Texas and therefore don't know the area at all. Any thoughts on which areas I should be looking into?

5 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Where should I live in Worcester, MA?

Where is your internship?

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,227 posts
217 reviews
2. Re: Where should I live in Worcester, MA?

Will you have a car?

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
1 review
3. Re: Where should I live in Worcester, MA?

Sometimes colleges do summer rentals. You could check with Holy Cross. Get a second opinion because I don't know Worcester that well but the few times I've been to Holy Cross it seemed like a decent area to me.

Hopedale...
Level Contributor
125 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: Where should I live in Worcester, MA?

The other posters make a good point about where your internship is located and whether or not you have a car. Worcester is pretty big with a lot of different neighborhoods, some really good, some just fine, and some really bad. It all depends on your ability to get around town as to where you live in relation to your internship. Also, what is your budget?

Harlingen,TX
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Where should I live in Worcester, MA?

I made the opposite move-from Worcester down to Texas. The Main South area is rather not safe. Otherwise, most places off-hand are OK. Even Highland Street has improved. When I went to college there in the area, we female students were warned to NEVER go to Highland Street unless accompanied by at least one male. It's come a long way! Upper Salisbury, Flag, Tatnuck Hill, all recommended, but as others have said, where you live is so dependent on where you'll be interning. Enjoy the soft grass of the north!

Reply to: Where should I live in Worcester, MA?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted