We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park and fly hotel

Which Detroit hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Topic
park and fly hotel

We need to spend one night in a hotel with airport shuttle service and leave it at the hotel for 10 days.Which hotel is safest and nicest?Thanks.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
981 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: park and fly hotel

Hi, Colkeena. If you search this forum, you will find that this subject has been discussed at some length.

AB

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: park and fly hotel

I stayed at the Baymont in October and it was very nice. I think it was just for 7, but I bet you could negotiate that. Shuttle was on-demand and very prompt.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: park and fly hotel

LaQuinta is good. Very nice rooms with a secured park and fly lot right next door included in the price and a shuttle. For you I think they'll charge for 3 extra days though because I think the room price only entitles you to 7 free parking days.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: park and fly hotel

We do this every time we depart from Detroit, and my favorite park & fly is at the Fairmont...newer hotel, good service and reasonable rates.

Belle River, Ontario
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: park and fly hotel

colkeena -- if you're flying Northwest, I would highly recommend staying at the Westin at the airport. They will valet park your car for a week for free (additional days are something like $15/day), and their beds are to die for. The best thing though is that when you need to catch your flight, you just take the elevator down and walk right into the Northwest terminal. You can't beat it. Thurs through Sun, their park/fly rates are around $139-159.

However, if you don't want to spend that much, the Hilton Garden Inn is also an option. It's only a short distance away from the airport, and they offer free parking and a shuttle. I think we spent $150/night the last time we were there. The bed was very comfortable there as well.

For safety, I'd chooose the Westin since you never have to set foot in a parkeing lot or garage if you don't want to, but we felt totally safe at the Hilton as well.

Good luck!

canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: park and fly hotel

Thanks for all the quick replys.

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
128 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: park and fly hotel

I know I am a bit late jumping in here, but in case you are still looking or if you are paying more and can get out of it, Quik Park offers a Park-Sleep-Fly rate with La Quinta.

$99/night (most only stay the one) & gets you 8 days free parking with Quik Park. $129 if you want to stay at the Four Points Sheraton. If you have AAA I think the extra day is $8. They also have an online coupon for a free day (www.quikpark.com

La Quinta details: 734-641-9006

Sheraton details: 734-729-9000

Big Blue is also $8 economy. Shuttles don't seem to run as often as Airlines or Qwik but it is less $$ and it is covered.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: park and fly hotel

Hello, I just clicked on here to check on a recomendation for a good hotel to spend the night in before we leave for our vacation to Cozumel.. (I frequent the Cozumel TA board) It definately did not take long to get my answer.

2 questions..., we have a 6am flight on Northwest. Staying at the Westin ...Is there anyplace to get breakfast at the hotel or in the terminal? Or do they have microwaves to heat up a breakfast sandwiches?

What is this about free parking? We are going for 7 nights.

Thanks, Lynn

9. Re: park and fly hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 14:17