We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calamari search

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
84 posts
30 reviews
calamari search

Last night in Galesburg Illinois I overheard a table of people mention a great restaurant in Kalamazoo that serves up the most delish sounding calamari....I couldn't get more info at the time, but was wondering if anyone could give me a suggestion...thanks, in advance for your help!

10 replies to this topic
West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
777 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: calamari search

Two restaurants that I love in K-zoo that serve calamari are Zazio's in the Radisson Hotel and Mangia Mangia, also in downtown Kalamazoo. If you're looking for a super experience for foodies, Zazio's has a Chef's Table each evening which I highly recommend. Hope this helps you in your search for calamari.

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
84 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: calamari search

Thanks for the quick answer.....hope that we will be able to try some of these suggestions. I have seen the name Mangia Mangia some place else...LA? Thanks again!

West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
777 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: calamari search

The Mangia Mangia in Kalamazoo is owned by a local family. It's owned by the brother of the La Cantina (in Paw Paw) restaurant family. They have also opened a more casual restaurant in Oshtemo where the old Mi Ranchito was. If you visit Mangia Mangia or even the original La Cantina, I would recommend the Mangia Mangia/ La Cantina Chicken for dinner. One of my favorites! Enjoy!

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
4. Re: calamari search

The Sushiya restaurant in downtown Kalamazoo is a place to have excellent Calamari so says my Niece who ate there yesterday evening.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 post
5. Re: calamari search

Latitude 42 Brewing Company in Portage has some amazing calamari that they serve with an in-house made red sauce and roasted red pepper aioli. Not to mention they have over 20 of their own beers on tap.

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
84 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: calamari search

That sounds right up our alley...just need to head there! Thanks for the advice

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: calamari search

Hi SwanLakeDr,

We asked our Facebook users where the best place for calamari in Kalamazoo is and here are the responses!

Michelle Yiu: "Bravo restaurant. Very tender."

Krystina M Comai: "First go to the union that place is one of the coolest places to go in kalamazoo if I may say so. The union downtown Kalamazoo its some amazing stuff right there.. and if you want quantity with a really good quality and have the money carabas on westnedge."

Ron Chapman: "I just had some really good Calamari from Centre Street Taphouse."

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
84 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: calamari search

Thank you all!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: calamari search

Hi @SwanLakeDr!

We asked our Facebook fans, and here's what they had to say:

• "Bravo restaurant. Very tender."

• "First go to The Union Cabaret & Grille — that place is one of the coolest places to go in Kalamazoo, if I may say so"

• "The Union.. downtown Kalamazoo it's some amazing stuff right there.. and if you want quantity with a really good quality and have the money Carabas on Westnedge in Kalamazoo."

https://www.facebook.com/DiscoverKalamazoo

Moline, Illinois
Level Contributor
84 posts
30 reviews
10. Re: calamari search

Although I'm about 6 hours away...I'm ready to jump in the car and try everyone's recommendations....all sound yummy! Thanks!

Reply to: calamari search
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalamazoo