We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

microbreweries

New Philadelpia...
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
microbreweries

Visiting in august. Would like to visit microbreweries maybe a beer tour. Also best place to stay. Thanks.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: microbreweries

I'm not a beer drinker but if you're in Kalamazoo http://bellsbeer.com/ I don't know if I'd call it a microbrew but it offers tours and is popular. I see you posted on the GR forum as well so if you're driving around the Lake shore, Saugatuck has a very popular microbrewery a mile south of town and Holland has one on 8th St. in downtown Holland that seems to be very busy.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 post
2. Re: microbreweries

Kalamazoo has several breweries now, be sure to visit the new Arcadia brewpub, IMHO better than Bell's, which is the oldest brewery here. There is a walking tour, which I'm even thinking of doing, and I'm a native!

discoverkalamazoo.com/breweries-of-kalamazoo…

As for lodging, here's a site with reviews of Kazoo lodging; I live here so am not as familiar with hotels:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kalamazoo+lodging&rlz=1C1LDJZ_enUS499US521&oq=kalamazoo+lodging&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3j69i64l2.3553j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

If you're here between Aug. 7-9, there's Ribfest downtown, or lots of really good restaurants.

Muskegon County...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
97 reviews
3. Re: microbreweries

We took in Bell's, Kalamazoo Beer Exchage (not really a microbrewery) and Old Peninsula.

All within walking distance and all a different experience.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: microbreweries

"Kalamazoo Beer Exchage " Greg is that the place where the posted prices change based on which beer is being ordered the most or least?

Muskegon County...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
97 reviews
5. Re: microbreweries

"Greg is that the place where the posted prices change based"

I read it works like the stock exchage but didn't stick around long enough to see the "market" drop. : )

Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 post
6. Re: microbreweries

Gonzo's Big Dog Brewing is really good. I liked the appetizers and beer.

rod
Marshall, Michigan
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: microbreweries

There is also Dark Horse Brewery in Marshall, about 30 miles east of Kalamazoo.

This is the brewery in the "Dark Horse Nation" miniseries on the History Channel.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: microbreweries

Hi @c0wgirl216,

We asked our Facebook users for suggestions on microbreweries, beer tours and places to stay and here are the responses!

• Bells, Gonzo's Big Dogg Brewery, Arcadia!

• Ruperts Brew Pub

• Kalamazoo house is awesome

• Check out the Kalamazoo Brewery Map discoverkalamazoo.com/kalamazoo-brewery-map-…

9. Re: microbreweries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2018, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Kalamazoo