We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalamazoo trip 22-Feb to 27-Feb

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
83 reviews
53 helpful votes
Kalamazoo trip 22-Feb to 27-Feb

Hi Guys,

I will be in Kalamazoo for a week on on business trip and will be staying in the Radisson Plaza Hotel

I will have one day free on Monday and plan to go around Kalamazoo to look around.

I am thinking of going to the Air Zoo in the morning and then proceed to Crossroad mall for some shopping(need to buy something for my missus as i will be missing her birthday next week due to this trip)

Does my intinerary looks good and please do help if you can give me a contact for a taxi to bring me to this places and the rough price.

Thank you in advance.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Kalamazoo trip 22-Feb to 27-Feb

I would consider taking bus route 2, portage, as it is close to your hotel and it will run you as far is 1 block away from the air zoo. Another option is catching a cab at the airport for direct door delivery. Going to the mall from there makes the most sense cabbing it from the museum. Easy busing on route 1 from the mall puts you close to your hotel again. Welcome to Michigan. Other options are the valley museum and the art museum both downtown and both worth checking out. Keep in mind all museums there cater very heavy toward the children. The gilmore car museum is a real classic but cabbing it would be a bit costly. Their library is kinda cool too. Kinda a neat town. Movies downtown too.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Kalamazoo trip 22-Feb to 27-Feb

I might add bus station is only a block away from hotel. Also consider a gift from west michigan glass arts studio gift shop or kalamazoo store for something different. The Henderson castle could be a good lunch and the k mall has plenty of shopping and beautiful parks are just a couple blocks in either direction even if the weather is a bit much to be outside right now for too long. Enjoy your stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
83 reviews
53 helpful votes
3. Re: Kalamazoo trip 22-Feb to 27-Feb

Thank you Francis K for your feedback. I've been watching the weather sites and it dont look good with regards to weather over there. Should i concerned or its not as bad as it looks?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,874 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Kalamazoo trip 22-Feb to 27-Feb

Cold. Just dress very warm if planning any real time outside. No big snow event is predicted for your time frame (though that can change daily) but frost bite is a concern if under dressed with any exposed skin. Also some people who are not used to this cold can find it hard on the lungs. Nothing to be concerned with but something to be prepared about as wind chills have been running at times to around -20f but lately always below 0 f it seems. Nothing you cannot handle. Likely will not be effecting travel or business meetings at all. Just stay warm. That Michigan wind has a bite. :-). Watch for ice while walking and don't be afraid to be outside as K zoo is niceto walk around and skiing/tubing is another option for those seeking adventure.

West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
777 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Kalamazoo trip 22-Feb to 27-Feb

If you want to splurge on a fun and fabulous meal, try to grab a seat at Zazio's Chef's Table in the Radisson. They do it on Thursdays, Friday's, and Saturdays. They do a different theme featuring a region of Italy or an ingredient each month. It is a Kalamazoo gem that has impressed even the most foodie friends of mine. Welcome to Kalamazoo, and Happy Chinese New Year!

6. Re: Kalamazoo trip 22-Feb to 27-Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2018, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Kalamazoo