We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to hangout before WMU/MSU football game

Chelsea, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
13 reviews
Best place to hangout before WMU/MSU football game

I'm a WMU alumni and will be going to the opener against MSU in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I haven't got back to campus much recently so I'm unfamiliar with the best bars and/or tailgate spots for a couple of guys in their mid/late 30's. I'm sure Waldo's and Wayside are still around but we'd rather go somewhere near the stadium that isn't filled 100% with college age kids. I've been told that the Roadhouse has been remodeled and would be a good option. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

14 replies to this topic
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
66 reviews
11. Re: Best place to hangout before WMU/MSU football game

For more of a variety stay downtown in the entertainment district and bar hop then cab it home. Just up to your preferences. Hope it helps a bit.

Chelsea, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
13 reviews
12. Re: Best place to hangout before WMU/MSU football game

Thanks.

Chelsea, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
13 reviews
13. Re: Best place to hangout before WMU/MSU football game

One more day until kickoff! Go Broncos!

Chelsea, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
13 reviews
14. Re: Best place to hangout before WMU/MSU football game

Well the game was great. I've never seen Stadium Drive so packed ever. Anyways we tailgated next to Kalamazoo College's football field. You can park on the road free there if you get there early enough and it seems to be an area most don't know about. Roadhouse was packed and looked like a great time but we didn't want to wait to get in. Went to Brewsters pre game and post game. It's a pretty good sports bar. They also had karaoke that night. Not sure if they do that every Friday or not. Anyways for anyone who ever stays at the Days Inn in the future Brewsters is literally right next door. Thanks for all the advice.

Reply to: Best place to hangout before WMU/MSU football game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalamazoo