We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?

2 posts
How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?

How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar? by bus or flight? is there any tourist package from biratnagar for 1 day visit mt everest? and how much it takes?

7 replies to this topic
Sydney,Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?

Yes, a bus leaves for Mt Everest twice a day

( may be in the year 2050 )

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,635 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?

Hi

It's not possible in a day. It might be possible in two days by flying to KTM, tking a mountain flight the following early morning then flying back to Bratnagar if possible. An expensive trip.

scoodly

2 posts
3. Re: How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?

i just want to take a photo...

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,635 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?

You may be able to take a photo of a tiny sliver of Everest from Nagarkot but it is very difficult to make out and weather dependent. N is about 20km or so from KTM. I don't think you can visit N and get a flight from Biratnagar to KTM and back in a day.

I wonder if you could get the briefest of glimpses and take a photo as the Biratnagar flight approaches KTM? Others will know better. if you can, Everest will still be very difficult to discern at that distance.

Still, it's an expensive trip for a photo.

scoodly

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
858 posts
92 reviews
5. Re: How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?

You at least need to stay a night in Kathmandu. After staying overnight in Kathmandu early in the morning you can have a mountain flight. You can take the photos of Mt. Everest from very close range. After 1 hour of Mountain flight you can return back to Biratnagar by flight.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
393 reviews
6. Re: How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?

If the weather is great (not in this season) you actually have a chance much closer to Biratnagar. On the ridge between Hille and Basantapur Everest is visible far away. There is also a dayhike from Basantapur on a track then a path to the Northeast, where a viewpoint has been built on top of the ridge ; Everest is largely hidden behind Lhotse there, but Makalu and Kanchenjunga are also visible.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,635 posts
56 reviews
7. Re: How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?

I'm sure Pierre is correct; scrap my advice because I mistakenly had Nepalgunj in the west of Nepal in mind, silly me.

scoodly

Reply to: How to see mt everest in a day form biratnagar?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Biratnagar