We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

Quezon City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

Hi guys...I'm going to Subic at the end of the month and I will be driving for a family for a 3 day tour. They will be renting my vehicle and I will drive it myself.

Now since I definitely want to save the most, I want the cheapest accommodation thats safe enough to sleep overnight for 3 days.

Air conditioned room is a plus but can sleep in a room with just an electric fan if its really cheap.

Oh yes, I need one with parking space of course.

Thanks in advance.

Zee

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,107 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

There are many cheap inns/motels in Olongapo specially along Magsaysay Drive and Gordon Ave. which are near the Subic gate. I don't know if they have a parking lot but you can always park along the street.

Quezon City...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

Thanks. If anyone out there got some experience in cheap rooms in Olongapo then please share it. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
331 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

Sunrise Apartelle on Baloy Long Beach has studio rooms at 650 per person, as far as I can see. The Lagoon resort on Baloy Long Beach (where we stayed) has aircon room for 2 advertised at 800. "By the sea" resort is advertising 3 person room at 1500.

I am only a foreign tourist of course, but these were the best prices we could find actually on the beach in Subic bay.

Manila
Level Contributor
641 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

Mr. deeen's recommendation seems a good one. Last time i stayed in olongapo... the cheapest a/c room that i can find was 750. There's a dorm inside SBMA where you can rent a bed w/ fan for 250 only... never tried it.

Quezon City...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

Thanks for sharing it guys. I think I'll pass the 250 rooms. I want to save but I want to be comfortable also.

Checking out Sunrise and Lagoon resort.

If anyone got anymore suggestions then feel free to reply.

Thanks in advance.

Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

Greetings!!

Can someone suggest a house to rent for overnight?We are planning to visit subic on december and we are 15adults and we have 5small kids

Subic, Philippines
Level Contributor
26 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

look at "Johans" and "by the Sea" resorts. both are in the Barrio Barretto section of Olongapo about a five minute drive from the Subic Bay Freeport. both are beach resorts and very comfortable for the money spent. These are the two two places I would consider for a family on a budget.

i would not recommend the ones mentioned on gordon or Magasaysay for family stays. first they do not have access to a beach or pools and are in a commercial area.

Cagayan de Oro...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

How much is the Van rentals ( for aprroximately 18 persons ) from NAIA airport to Lagoon Resort in subic and vice versa?

Edited: 25 November 2011, 01:44
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

Check out Johansson's Lodge in Barretto. It's close to the beach/bars and on the 'main strip'. They offer several 500php fan-only rooms (cold shower), along with air-con options ~1000php.

I normally stay there when (frequently) visiting Subic to run technical scuba courses. They are really friendly and laid-back. The food is ok (Scandanavian), but it's close to many restaurants (highly recommend the 'London Underground' British Cafe opposite).

Johansson's Lodge

128 National Hi-Way Bario Baretto Olongapo City 2200 Philippines

Tel: +63 (0)47 223 9293 Fax +1 435 518 9359

Link: http://www.letsgoman.com/johanssons/

If I want to 'upgrade' from Johansson's economy, then I book into Arizona Resort just down the road. They have basic rooms at ~1600php with air-con, hot shower, cable tv, dvd and mini-bar. Great food too.

http://www.arizonaresortsubic.com/

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap accomodation in Subic or Olongapo

divephilippines, you are pulling up one year old postings then recommending the same places, what gives?.