We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Subic Bay

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in Subic Bay

Traveling to Subic Bay on business soon. Can anyone please advise on the best hotels in which to consider staying and why?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,017 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Subic Bay

The Lighthouse Marina Resort. Why? It is the top recommendation of your fellow TripAdvisor members --> tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g424959-d668658…

Level Contributor
647 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Subic Bay

My vote goes to lighthouse marina too!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,155 posts
2,157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Subic Bay

I have not been there but some hotels get criticised on TA for being places to which one would not take one's family.

This is not the case with all, though. It seems Subic is also popular with families and couples looking to escape Manila for a (long) weekend.

Research this carefully.

Edited: 27 January 2012, 06:05
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,599 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Subic Bay

Viclad is correct..check the hotels carefully, some are more occupied with guys and their dates....and where in Subic do you want to stay..that can impact your hotel decision. Sheavens Seafront Resort and Wild Orchids are two places we stayed...if you want the bars at night, they are not far. Both places we had a good time, but reviews have gone down hill since then and I would not stay at either again for the main reason that Subic just seems like a good place to try different hotels as none really stand out from the others from our experiences.And overall, the reviews on most of them offers problems..which seem to differ from other places where great hotels jump out at you...

Edited: 27 January 2012, 07:50
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Subic Bay

Hotels I've used are listed below. I typically go for budget/economy rooms.

Baloy/Barretto Area:

Arizona Resort: Good food, nice rooms, friendly staff.

Blue Rock Resort: Excellent food, (budget) room was ok.

Coffee Shop Hotel (opp Arizona): Nice rooms, good price.

Harleys: Small number of rooms, clean and tidy.

Johan's: Friendly place, clean but needs renovation.

Johansson's Lodge: Very budget - backpacker grade (500php per night) Very friendly, rooms need big renovation, but okay for the money.

Venezia: Nice rooms, but a long corridor trek to reach them. Limited menu. Cannot book economy rooms in advance (what!?!).

Subic Park Hotel: Expensive, but disgusting

SBMA is typically much more expensive than Baloy/Barretto, for a much lower quality of room. Hotels there have little insight into the preferences/needs of a foreign visitor. Many of the resorts/hotels in Baloy/Barretto are western owned/managed - so they fully understand (and aim to provide) the quality and services expected by overseas tourists.

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Subic Bay

Yeah really having a problem finding a family suitable hotel. I thought maybe the Wild Orchid Beach Resort would fit the bill until deep into the reviews there were many comments about old men and young woman which does not fit the family friendly requirement. Maybe Subic is not for us.

7. Re: Hotels in Subic Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2018, 10:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now